Apple Watch Size Small Woman’s Wrist

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
a3bc90505ae517343d73068ab6eb702f.jpg

Hello!

I just got my first Apple Watch on Mother’s Day! It’s a series 5 44mm Which is what I wanted because of course bigger is always better right and because my vision is not the best. But when I put it on my tiny wrist it looks pretty large. So I exchanged it yesterday for the 40 but I’m thinking the 40 is too small. Few questions:

-By looking at the attached photos which one do you think looks better on me? The 44 is the pink band and the 40 is the black band.
-for those of you who have both, is there really that much of a difference with the text size?
-how many ladies here have the larger one versus the small and do they wish they got the smaller instead?

Thanks in advance!
9ee64454c6c4d54ebb15c9605ed4c856.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think either looks fine. It really depends on what feels best to you. I remember going through this when I was deciding on which Watch to get for myself (I have a series 3, 42mm). Initially, I was going to get the 38mm, but my husband talked me out of it. He felt that the 42 offered more screen real estate. I still was not sure, so I went to Best Buy and tried them both on. I decided on the 42 but still wasn't entirely sure. That was two years ago, and I have no regrets! It is large, but I've gotten used to it. My sister has the 40 mm Series 4, and when I look at hers, I'm still glad to have the larger size.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Personally, when it comes to watches, I think that there is such a thing as too big, but not too small. Two things: that's just my opinion. Second, I think both look fine on you, so the 44 will be fine if you prefer the larger watch.

(To me, too large means that the watch is so large that either it is bigger than your wrist, or that the watch bands don't flare together - if they are parallel or get wider as opposed to closer when they get closer to the watch, then, to me, the watch is too big.)

(I'm not a woman, though, if that means anything.)

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a tiny wrist and if I wore my 40 down on my wrist vs a little higher up it would look too big so the 44 was out for me. My daughter prefers the larger watch and likes a “chunkier” look.

I get by the vision issues by making my font bigger and sharper and using tap to zoom. Works for me.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree with doogald that both look good on you. For a guy, I have a very small wrist and I was concerned about the larger size looking and feeling right. Five minutes wearing each in the Apple store made the bigger watch an easy choice.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I have a tiny wrist and have the S4 44mm. It don’t feel large to me and I have gotten used to the size since 2018. I don’t regret purchasing this size at all.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have smaller wrists and prefer the 44mm. I also like bigger watches. I wear glasses and though 40mm and 44mm are slightly different in size (to me) it’s a big difference when you can’t see. Lol. I have a 38mm S3 and hate wearing it now because it is too small. Both look great and you can’t go wrong with whichever one you end up choosing.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all! I went with the bigger one with the band that came with it. I think the pink smaller band made it look huge to me! Lol

The band that it came with makes it look perfect! I can definitely see a difference with texts and apps. Maybe not huge but enough for me!

So yes, I’m very happy I went back and got the 44!

It’s amazing!

Now to learn everything I can do with this cause I have no idea! Lol

Thanks everyone for your input!

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jessica, I had the 44mm Series 4 watch since that series came out and had the 38mm series 3 before that. I just traded in my 44mm series 4 for a new 40mm series 5.
All that to say, having had both sizes, I’ve decided overall I like the smaller size better. I’ll add I have large wrists for a woman (7 inches) and I still prefer the smaller one after wearing the large one for over a year.
As for being able to read things on the watch, I find no real difference in ease of use. I started to develop a raw spot under the large watch and it is much easier to “whack” it on the edge of my desk.
Just my experience and opinion. I find the smaller one more comfortable and I don’t have any trouble with the smaller screen. (I’m 61 btw, and wear progressive lens bi-focals.)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all! I went with the bigger one with the band that came with it. I think the pink smaller band made it look huge to me! Lol

The band that it came with makes it look perfect! I can definitely see a difference with texts and apps. Maybe not huge but enough for me!

So yes, I’m very happy I went back and got the 44!

It’s amazing!

Now to learn everything I can do with this cause I have no idea! Lol

Thanks everyone for your input!

How are you liking your Watch?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73