Not even sure how I did it. Fortunately my husband bought Apple Care for it when he got it for me. I put in a request for an Express Replacement but after reading the email I’m kind of paranoid they won’t think the damage is enough. It’s definitely a crack, you can feel it when you run your finger over it. I’m so careful, I’m not sure what happened.
    Cracked My AW4-img_0671.jpg
    05-04-2020 09:17 PM
    So just do more damage to it.
    JML5150 likes this.
    05-05-2020 12:02 AM
    So just do more damage to it.
    Lmao, this is the same thought I had when I had to replace mine for the same reason. Luckily, they replaced it without the need for me to do anything crazy.
    05-05-2020 06:48 AM
    That stinks! Sorry to hear about that happening but hopefully your Express Replacement goes smoothly.
    wenrob likes this.
    05-05-2020 09:14 AM
    I had very similar damage on my S3 in the bottom right corner. I actually used the Apple Support app to open a chat session and my express replacement was approved. I also took a few pictures and inserted then into the chat session so the Apple tech saw them.
    wenrob likes this.
    05-05-2020 09:18 AM
    I had very similar damage on my S3 in the bottom right corner. I actually used the Apple Support app to open a chat session and my express replacement was approved. I also took a few pictures and inserted then into the chat session so the Apple tech saw them.
    I had them call me but was surprised they didn’t ask for photos. Thanks for the reassurance. Still wondering how I did it.
    05-05-2020 10:14 AM
    Not even sure how I did it. Fortunately my husband bought Apple Care for it when he got it for me. I put in a request for an Express Replacement but after reading the email I’m kind of paranoid they won’t think the damage is enough. It’s definitely a crack, you can feel it when you run your finger over it. I’m so careful, I’m not sure what happened.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0671.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	591.5 KB 
ID:	128697
    Bad luck on the crack but good luck that you have Apple Care! Does it still work okay? Will you be able to keep using it until the replacement arrives?
    wenrob likes this.
    05-05-2020 12:03 PM
    Oh no! I'm so sorry this has happened to you (and your Watch)! Please keep us posted on how you do with Apple Support. I'm so glad you have it.
    wenrob likes this.
    05-05-2020 01:36 PM
    Bad luck on the crack but good luck that you have Apple Care! Does it still work okay? Will you be able to keep using it until the replacement arrives?
    Yeah it’s working fine. My husband is pretty certain it’s only a matter of time before it cracks more.
    05-05-2020 02:23 PM
    You banged it on something. It also appears to be a gouge and not a crack. I wouldn’t waste a replacement on it.

I wouldn’t worry about it or obsess over it.
    05-05-2020 07:06 PM
    You banged it on something. It also appears to be a gouge and not a crack. I wouldn’t waste a replacement on it.

That can be super annoying. Mine was less than that but in certain circumstances affected the smoothness of scrolling.
    wenrob likes this.
    05-05-2020 07:13 PM

If you have AppleCare use it and get it replaced.
    wenrob likes this.
    05-05-2020 08:22 PM

Clearly, I just don’t remember doing it.

What’s the point of Apple Care if you don’t use it? The watch is almost a year and half old so it seems as a good time as any to use it.
    pr1nce likes this.
    05-05-2020 08:34 PM
    You would have to waste one of your two trade ins, plus pay a $70 “deductible”. The gouge is in the corner of the screen, doesn’t effect operation.

It’s a scar. I’ve got them all over my body, it’s part of life.
    05-05-2020 08:35 PM
    That’s the plan. Replacement is supposed to be here tomorrow.
    pr1nce and Annie_M like this.
    05-05-2020 08:37 PM
    You would have to waste one of your two trade ins, plus pay a $70 “deductible”. The gouge is in the corner of the screen, doesn’t effect operation.

It’s a scar. I’ve got them all over my body, it’s part of life.
    I don’t see it like that. You pay for AppleCare to cover accidental damage. To say it’s only a scar or gouge in the corner makes no sense to me. But I don’t think I’m alone.
    Annie_M and wenrob like this.
    05-06-2020 01:32 PM
    I don’t see it like that. You pay for AppleCare to cover accidental damage. To say it’s only a scar or gouge in the corner makes no sense to me. But I don’t think I’m alone.
    I agree. Each person is agreeably entitled to their own opinion, and considering that, IMHO, I too, would have used Apple Care!
    wenrob and pr1nce like this.
    05-06-2020 01:36 PM
    If there is only 6 or 7 months of AppleCare+ left, I'm not sure that I would describe this as a waste of a trade-in.

That said, if it is only a gouge, Apple will probably return the watch without a repair. AC+ does not cover what Apple calls cosmetic damage.
    05-06-2020 02:14 PM
    If there is only 6 or 7 months of AppleCare+ left, I'm not sure that I would describe this as a waste of a trade-in.

That said, if it is only a gouge, Apple will probably return the watch without a repair. AC+ does not cover what Apple calls cosmetic damage.
    Apple would return the watch? I thought Apple sent the replacement, and THEN wenrob would send in the damaged watch. Your post sounds like the transaction is the other way around.
    05-06-2020 04:17 PM
    Apple would return the watch? I thought Apple sent the replacement, and THEN wenrob would send in the damaged watch. Your post sounds like the transaction is the other way around.
    You can do it either way. You send it in, they determine if it needs a replacement or not. If it does you pay the $69 and they send it.

Or you can request an express replacement in which they put a hold on your card for the amount of the new watch as well as the $69, send it and then when you receive it you send back the old one and they remove the hold on your card.

It *is* a crack by the way so I should be fine.
    pr1nce and doogald like this.
    05-06-2020 05:04 PM
    Thought I’d update in case anyone was interested.
    Cracked My AW4-adjustments.jpg
    doogald likes this.
    05-12-2020 07:11 AM
    Thought I’d update in case anyone was interested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	128768
    I'm so glad you did! I was wondering!
    wenrob likes this.
    05-12-2020 08:12 AM
    AppleCare+ does offer express replacement, but it is my understanding that if Apple deems that the watch wasn't damaged in a way that is covered by AppleCare+ (e.g., a scratched and not a broken crystal - obviously not the case in this instance), they would return your watch and ask for the express replacement back. I could be wrong about that, though. I just thought that I've read that particular interaction more than once.
    05-12-2020 11:09 AM