I have my new Nike series 5 watch on my wrist and my series 4 is on the nightstand but not on the charger. I was walking into my bedroom to get a different phone case and as I walked in the ringing started. But the ringing was coming from the watch that was not on my wrist nor on the charger! My phone was not ringing and my series 5 was not ringing. What the heck is going on?
    04-24-2020 08:43 AM
    Ringing as if you were getting a phone call? If so, did you try to answer it?
    04-24-2020 08:49 AM
    If I understand this, you have 3 watches, no?
    All connected to the SAME WIFI?

If so, I wonder if the watch that was ringing was merely the first to 'pick up' the call, and the others simply did not play a notification sound.
    Of course, merely guessing here.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-24-2020 08:49 AM
    Ringing as if you were getting a phone call? If so, did you try to answer it?
    Yes, ringing with a phone call coming in. And no I didn’t try to answer it although I did see a number appearing on the screen. Not one of my contacts though.
    04-24-2020 09:35 AM
    If I understand this, you have 3 watches, no?
    All connected to the SAME WIFI?

If so, I wonder if the watch that was ringing was merely the first to 'pick up' the call, and the others simply did not play a notification sound.
    Of course, merely guessing here.
    I just have two watches. It was my understanding that the watch I’m not wearing would not pick up calls. Only the active watch on my wrist would. I was so dumbfounded to hear that watch ringing, I did not answer it and wondered if it might switch over to my phone and or watch that I was wearing, but it didn’t.
    04-24-2020 09:37 AM
    Also, a side note. My series 5 that I was wearing does not have cellular. The series 4 that I was not wearing does have cellular.
    04-24-2020 09:40 AM
    I figured it out!

The phone call that came in on my watch was apparently a wrong number that called the number that was assigned to that watch by Verizon. It’s not a number I actually use; it’s just assigned to my watch so that they can bill me for that line – LOL.

I looked up that number on my Verizon account and called it from my phone. Sure enough, my watch rang! Problem solved
    04-24-2020 09:57 AM
    I just have two watches. It was my understanding that the watch I’m not wearing would not pick up calls. Only the active watch on my wrist would. I was so dumbfounded to hear that watch ringing, I did not answer it and wondered if it might switch over to my phone and or watch that I was wearing, but it didn’t.
    It should not have ranged since you weren’t wearing it. I can only assume it was a handoff-related glitch.
    ivantwilliams likes this.
    04-24-2020 10:27 AM
    That would have been very disconcerting!
    04-24-2020 02:10 PM
    Clearly it was just a confusion then?
    04-24-2020 08:02 PM
    Clearly it was just a confusion then?
    Yeah who would’ve thought somebody would call my Apple Watch phone number?? LOL
    04-24-2020 08:23 PM
    Well that’s odd because I’ve called my watch’s phone number and get a message that it’s not an active number. I inquired with Tmo and was told the watch’s number only works with the phone number of my iPhone and that way cannot be called directly.

Think about it. Should you want spammers calling your phone AND watch? Nope. Thanks T-Mobile.
    04-25-2020 08:00 AM
    Well that’s odd because I’ve called my watch’s phone number and get a message that it’s not an active number. I inquired with Tmo and was told the watch’s number only works with the phone number of my iPhone and that way cannot be called directly.

Think about it. Should you want spammers calling your phone AND watch? Nope. Thanks T-Mobile.
    Yep. When I had my Series 3 cellular model, I, too, tried to call my Watch and got the same message you received.
    04-25-2020 08:55 AM

Was your watch on your wrist at the time? Because mine wasn’t and it certainly did ring. I just now tried to call that number again but I’m wearing the watch and I got a message like you mentioned.
    04-25-2020 11:39 AM
    Was your watch on your wrist at the time? Because mine wasn’t and it certainly did ring. I just now tried to call that number again but I’m wearing the watch and I got a message like you mentioned.
    My watch is currently sitting on my nightstand and not charging. Just called the number associated with it and got "The number you have dialed is not able to receive calls at this time". Just had my wife call my iphone and both iphone and watch rang.
    04-25-2020 11:56 AM
    My watch is currently sitting on my nightstand and not charging. Just called the number associated with it and got "The number you have dialed is not able to receive calls at this time". Just had my wife call my iphone and both iphone and watch rang.
    Well I certainly don’t understand it then. Maybe it was just a glitch. The only other explanation I can think of is that I have 2 watches paired to my phone and only one is cellular. And that’s the one I was not wearing and it rang all by itself!
    04-25-2020 12:02 PM
    Well I certainly don’t understand it then. Maybe it was just a glitch. The only other explanation I can think of is that I have 2 watches paired to my phone and only one is cellular. And that’s the one I was not wearing and it rang all by itself!
    Just chalk it up as a glitch. It hasn’t happened again has it?
    04-25-2020 12:11 PM
    Just chalk it up as a glitch. It hasn’t happened again has it?
    No, I actually tried to re-create what happened yesterday and it doesn’t ring. Maybe it was ghosts!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-25-2020 12:19 PM