Apple Watch Newbie

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know I’m late to party. I finally decided to buy my first Apple Watch. Got a 42mm space gray series 3. This watch is awesome.
554404ede7ee7b4707ff20c8a176087e.jpg

SteelSteve

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Congrats, I just got mine on Thursday my self. Coming from a Samsung S2 so far I’m loving the larger screen and longer battery life

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I just used Apple Pay on my watch for the first time. So cool. I really like being able to track my activity, walks and heart rate etc. I love this watch.
bc372efbd945946a112a38bb625f6a29.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I just used Apple Pay on my watch for the first time. So cool. I really like being able to track my activity, walks and heart rate etc. I love this watch.
bc372efbd945946a112a38bb625f6a29.jpg

I told you you’d love it........I’m very happy for you, sir.

ddew95

Apr 27, 2020
Visit site
iPhone 5 battery life Is only good for part of the day. We charge it overnight and put it on around 7am by 3pm it switches to power save mode and will die by 5pm. I sent it to Apple they sent it back and said it is operational at 80% battery life. And they won’t replace it. This watch is only approximately 30 days old. Is this what I should expect for battery life? I have sent it to Apple repair twice. They said if I had purchased Apple care plus they would have replaced it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 battery life Is only good for part of the day. We charge it overnight and put it on around 7am by 3pm it switches to power save mode and will die by 5pm. I sent it to Apple they sent it back and said it is operational at 80% battery life. And they won’t replace it. This watch is only approximately 30 days old. Is this what I should expect for battery life? I have sent it to Apple repair twice. They said if I had purchased Apple care plus they would have replaced it.

Let’s start with the iPhone 5. It is 8 years old and is no longer supported by Apple in regard to iOS updates. If it contains the original battery then yeah, the battery life could indeed be as you’ve stated, especially being that we don’t know your smartphone usage.

Now for the Watch, you’re telling us it is approximately 30 days old. What you did not state was which series of Watch you have, whether it’s Wi-Fi Only or A cellular model, what apps are installed and or how you use it.

During this time of the year, I will put on my Watch Series 5 cellular model at around 6:25 AM and then head out the door for my 3-mile run. I did have a Series 3 model for exercising, but I gave it to a friend who didn’t have one. Anyway, I typically put my watch on its charger around 10 PM which plenty of battery life left.

I don’t stream music from my watch, but I do take calls, reply to messages, check the whether, use it to open the front door at the office, use it for two-factor authentication, etc. Depending on your usage, I would expect you to have great battery life as well, at least for a few years.

ddew95

Apr 27, 2020
Visit site
Let’s start with the iPhone 5. It is 8 years old and is no longer supported by Apple in regard to iOS updates. If it contains the original battery then yeah, the battery life could indeed be as you’ve stated, especially being that we don’t know your smartphone usage.

Now for the Watch, you’re telling us it is approximately 30 days old. What you did not state was which series of Watch you have, whether it’s Wi-Fi Only or A cellular model, what apps are installed and or how you use it.

During this time of the year, I will put on my Watch Series 5 cellular model at around 6:25 AM and then head out the door for my 3-mile run. I did have a Series 3 model for exercising, but I gave it to a friend who didn’t have one. Anyway, I typically put my watch on its charger around 10 PM which plenty of battery life left.

I don’t stream music from my watch, but I do take calls, reply to messages, check the whether, use it to open the front door at the office, use it for two-factor authentication, etc. Depending on your usage, I would expect you to have great battery life as well, at least for a few years.

I was so upset I gave wrong info. My phone is an iPhone 8+ and the watch is a series 5 with cellular. Don’t stream music and maybe 3-5 calls per day. Haven’t added any apps other than what was on it originally.

ddew95

Apr 27, 2020
Visit site

We got it back from Apple support yesterday and it was dead. We charged it to 100% and put it on after syncing to phone around 6:30pm. No calls just wearing it during sleep. At wake up time 7:30am it was at 35% charge

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We got it back from Apple support yesterday and it was dead. We charged it to 100% and put it on after syncing to phone around 6:30pm. No calls just wearing it during sleep. At wake up time 7:30am it was at 35% charge

Okay. When you’re wearing your Watch while sleeping, is it connected to your Wi-Fi network? If not, and if the cellular portion is enabled, then the watch is using it the entire time. If there’s a weak cellular signal in your bedroom or you sleep in ways in which the watch is losing the signal, it will constantly search for it and therefore causing significant battery usage in the process.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

That is within Apple's published battery life range. Apple says that the battery lasts 18 hours with normal use. Using 65% battery over 13 hours trends to a 20 hour battery life.

From Apple's point of view, there is nothing wrong with your battery life. It's within expected specifications.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
That is within Apple's published battery life range. Apple says that the battery lasts 18 hours with normal use. Using 65% battery over 13 hours trends to a 20 hour battery life.

From Apple's point of view, there is nothing wrong with your battery life. It's within expected specifications.

Yes, that's correct. BUT, it still sounds off. I have my AW2 on all night and the battery barely goes down at all.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Apple Watch 3 as an impulse buy during this pandemic just cause I seen it was a great price. Mainly got it because I like to go hiking and for jogs and stuff so a good way to keep track of my progress. But it does so much more and I’m happy I got an Apple Watch and not just a lower cost smart watch

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Apple Watch 3 as an impulse buy during this pandemic just cause I seen it was a great price. Mainly got it because I like to go hiking and for jogs and stuff so a good way to keep track of my progress. But it does so much more and I’m happy I got an Apple Watch and not just a lower cost smart watch

Congratulations on your new Watch! It is amazing to realize everything that an Apple Watch has to offer!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2