I know I’m late to party. I finally decided to buy my first Apple Watch. Got a 42mm space gray series 3. This watch is awesome.
    04-18-2020 10:28 PM
    Congrats. I love my 44mm Series 4.
    Enjoy your new watch.
    pr1nce likes this.
    04-18-2020 10:47 PM
    I know I’m late to party. I finally decided to buy my first Apple Watch. Got a 42mm space gray series 3. This watch is awesome. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c8a176087e.jpg
    Congratulations, sir. You will love it!
    pr1nce likes this.
    04-19-2020 07:00 AM
    Nice, congrats, enjoy.
    pr1nce likes this.
    04-19-2020 07:02 AM
    Welcome to the party! I’m so excited for you!
    pr1nce likes this.
    04-19-2020 03:42 PM
    Congrats, I just got mine on Thursday my self. Coming from a Samsung S2 so far I’m loving the larger screen and longer battery life
    pr1nce, Annie_M and aximtreo like this.
    04-19-2020 05:58 PM
    Thanks everyone. I just used Apple Pay on my watch for the first time. So cool. I really like being able to track my activity, walks and heart rate etc. I love this watch.
    04-19-2020 06:23 PM
    Thanks everyone. I just used Apple Pay on my watch for the first time. So cool. I really like being able to track my activity, walks and heart rate etc. I love this watch. [IMG=3024x4032]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/bc372efbd945946a112a38bb625f6a29.jpg[/url]
    I told you you’d love it........I’m very happy for you, sir.
    Annie_M and pr1nce like this.
    04-19-2020 07:32 PM
    Welcome to the club. Love my series 3 with LTE.
    pr1nce and Annie_M like this.
    04-19-2020 08:50 PM
    I told you you’d love it........I’m very happy for you, sir.
    You were correct!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-19-2020 10:29 PM
    iPhone 5 battery life Is only good for part of the day. We charge it overnight and put it on around 7am by 3pm it switches to power save mode and will die by 5pm. I sent it to Apple they sent it back and said it is operational at 80% battery life. And they won’t replace it. This watch is only approximately 30 days old. Is this what I should expect for battery life? I have sent it to Apple repair twice. They said if I had purchased Apple care plus they would have replaced it.
    04-27-2020 06:21 AM
    iPhone 5 battery life Is only good for part of the day. We charge it overnight and put it on around 7am by 3pm it switches to power save mode and will die by 5pm. I sent it to Apple they sent it back and said it is operational at 80% battery life. And they won’t replace it. This watch is only approximately 30 days old. Is this what I should expect for battery life? I have sent it to Apple repair twice. They said if I had purchased Apple care plus they would have replaced it.
    Let’s start with the iPhone 5. It is 8 years old and is no longer supported by Apple in regard to iOS updates. If it contains the original battery then yeah, the battery life could indeed be as you’ve stated, especially being that we don’t know your smartphone usage.

Now for the Watch, you’re telling us it is approximately 30 days old. What you did not state was which series of Watch you have, whether it’s Wi-Fi Only or A cellular model, what apps are installed and or how you use it.

During this time of the year, I will put on my Watch Series 5 cellular model at around 6:25 AM and then head out the door for my 3-mile run. I did have a Series 3 model for exercising, but I gave it to a friend who didn’t have one. Anyway, I typically put my watch on its charger around 10 PM which plenty of battery life left.

I don’t stream music from my watch, but I do take calls, reply to messages, check the whether, use it to open the front door at the office, use it for two-factor authentication, etc. Depending on your usage, I would expect you to have great battery life as well, at least for a few years.
    anon(10688687) and kcox52692 like this.
    04-27-2020 07:46 AM
    04-27-2020 08:41 AM
    Let’s start with the iPhone 5. It is 8 years old and is no longer supported by Apple in regard to iOS updates. If it contains the original battery then yeah, the battery life could indeed be as you’ve stated, especially being that we don’t know your smartphone usage.

Now for the Watch, you’re telling us it is approximately 30 days old. What you did not state was which series of Watch you have, whether it’s Wi-Fi Only or A cellular model, what apps are installed and or how you use it.

During this time of the year, I will put on my Watch Series 5 cellular model at around 6:25 AM and then head out the door for my 3-mile run. I did have a Series 3 model for exercising, but I gave it to a friend who didn’t have one. Anyway, I typically put my watch on its charger around 10 PM which plenty of battery life left.

I don’t stream music from my watch, but I do take calls, reply to messages, check the whether, use it to open the front door at the office, use it for two-factor authentication, etc. Depending on your usage, I would expect you to have great battery life as well, at least for a few years.
    I was so upset I gave wrong info. My phone is an iPhone 8+ and the watch is a series 5 with cellular. Don’t stream music and maybe 3-5 calls per day. Haven’t added any apps other than what was on it originally.
    anon(10688687) and kcox52692 like this.
    04-28-2020 10:52 AM

We got it back from Apple support yesterday and it was dead. We charged it to 100% and put it on after syncing to phone around 6:30pm. No calls just wearing it during sleep. At wake up time 7:30am it was at 35% charge
    04-28-2020 10:59 AM
    We got it back from Apple support yesterday and it was dead. We charged it to 100% and put it on after syncing to phone around 6:30pm. No calls just wearing it during sleep. At wake up time 7:30am it was at 35% charge
    Okay. When you’re wearing your Watch while sleeping, is it connected to your Wi-Fi network? If not, and if the cellular portion is enabled, then the watch is using it the entire time. If there’s a weak cellular signal in your bedroom or you sleep in ways in which the watch is losing the signal, it will constantly search for it and therefore causing significant battery usage in the process.
    kcox52692 likes this.
    04-28-2020 11:07 AM
    That is within Apple's published battery life range. Apple says that the battery lasts 18 hours with normal use. Using 65% battery over 13 hours trends to a 20 hour battery life.

From Apple's point of view, there is nothing wrong with your battery life. It's within expected specifications.
    04-28-2020 12:47 PM
    That is within Apple's published battery life range. Apple says that the battery lasts 18 hours with normal use. Using 65% battery over 13 hours trends to a 20 hour battery life.

From Apple's point of view, there is nothing wrong with your battery life. It's within expected specifications.
    Yes, that's correct. BUT, it still sounds off. I have my AW2 on all night and the battery barely goes down at all.
    04-28-2020 04:28 PM
    I bought the Apple Watch 3 as an impulse buy during this pandemic just cause I seen it was a great price. Mainly got it because I like to go hiking and for jogs and stuff so a good way to keep track of my progress. But it does so much more and I’m happy I got an Apple Watch and not just a lower cost smart watch
    05-08-2020 11:11 AM
    I bought the Apple Watch 3 as an impulse buy during this pandemic just cause I seen it was a great price. Mainly got it because I like to go hiking and for jogs and stuff so a good way to keep track of my progress. But it does so much more and I’m happy I got an Apple Watch and not just a lower cost smart watch
    Congratulations on your new Watch! It is amazing to realize everything that an Apple Watch has to offer!
    anon(10688687) likes this.
    05-08-2020 11:23 AM
    I just got my Series 5 GPS 40mm. I know it's the feature people have been waiting for but I turned off Always On to preserve battery life.
    Coming from the Series 3 it doesn't bother me to turn my wrist to look at the watch. I can't see anything if I'm not looking at it anyway

I also removed the apps I don't use and turned off the notifications for most of the apps save a few.

My battery lasts a day that way

I also keep wifi off. Only use the Bluetooth.
    aximtreo and kcox52692 like this.
    05-10-2020 02:27 AM
    I just got my Series 5 GPS 40mm. I know it's the feature people have been waiting for but I turned off Always On to preserve battery life.
    Coming from the Series 3 it doesn't bother me to turn my wrist to look at the watch. I can't see anything if I'm not looking at it anyway

I also removed the apps I don't use and turned off the notifications for most of the apps save a few.

My battery lasts a day that way

I also keep wifi off. Only use the Bluetooth.
    Over time, you might want to slowly add features (always on, more notifications, wifi, etc.) and see what happens to battery life. You should be able to use all those things and get at least a day's worth of battery. If your watch is new, it may just need some time to "settle in." I know that may sound odd, but I've experienced it with new software versions.
    05-11-2020 03:59 PM