This is what I’d love to see with regard to Watch complications.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
What I would LOVE to see....

Kill those rings, give me numbers, and let me pick them as complications. Example. I don't want a complication called activity, I'd love to have one for steps, then just actually show the step count on the watch face

Same with heart rate, don't show me a picture of a heart that I have to click, show me the last measured HR and keep updating it whenever it checks it. I could click it then if I wanted and make it update, but show the data.

That's the only thing I miss from my previous Garmin watches, they would let you display actual data for these things on the screen, HR, steps, ect.

Just had to 'say' this somewhere :)

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Complications on watch

There is a complication that actually provides numbers for the three items: steps. exercise minutes, and stand hours. I use it all the time. It does not have the rings at all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

What I would LOVE to see....

Same with heart rate, don't show me a picture of a heart that I have to click, show me the last measured HR and keep updating it whenever it checks it. I could click it then if I wanted and make it update, but show the data.

While I agree that the small heart rate complication should just show the last measured rate, if you put the heart rate complication in one of the large slots on a watch face, it does exactly that.

These areas, by watch face are:

• The large top center within the watch face of Infograpgh.
  • The large middle complication of modular
  • The large center bottom complication of utility.
  • The large center bottom complication of activity.
  • The large center bottom complication of astronomy.
  • The large center bottom complication of explorer.
  • The large middle complication of infograph modular.
  • The large center bottom complication of kaleidoscope
  • The large center bottom of liquid metal and vapor and breathe
  • The below time complication of Photos
  • The bottom complication of time lapse
  • The bottom complication of Mickey, minnie, and toy story
  • The bottom complication of the original solar face

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

There is a complication that actually provides numbers for the three items: steps. exercise minutes, and stand hours. I use it all the time. It does not have the rings at all.

Is that an App download? I didn't see any complication listed like that?

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

While I agree that the small heart rate complication should just show the last measured rate, if you put the heart rate complication in one of the large slots on a watch face, it does exactly that.

These areas, by watch face are:

• The large top center within the watch face of Infograpgh.
  • The large middle complication of modular
  • The large center bottom complication of utility.
  • The large center bottom complication of activity.
  • The large center bottom complication of astronomy.
  • The large center bottom complication of explorer.
  • The large middle complication of infograph modular.
  • The large center bottom complication of kaleidoscope
  • The large center bottom of liquid metal and vapor and breathe
  • The below time complication of Photos
  • The bottom complication of time lapse
  • The bottom complication of Mickey, minnie, and toy story
  • The bottom complication of the original solar face

Ah ok that's cool, did not know that! Bummer not on all faces though, but close! thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
One more thing about the heart rate complication: if you get the app HeartWatch, their complication does show the last measured heart rate. Cardiogram may as well - I don't use that app.

Also, good article why step counts aren't really a great measure of fitness: https://health.usnews.com/health-ne...04-14/how-much-do-steps-per-day-really-matter . My guess is that Apple was guided by research like this when it decided not to highlight step counts.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
One more thing about the heart rate complication: if you get the app HeartWatch, their complication does show the last measured heart rate. Cardiogram may as well - I don't use that app.

Also, good article why step counts aren't really a great measure of fitness: https://health.usnews.com/health-ne...04-14/how-much-do-steps-per-day-really-matter . My guess is that Apple was guided by research like this when it decided not to highlight step counts.

Steps probably aren't super important but I would like to see them on the face, just to make it easier

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I get steps on the infograph face using the Pedometer app. It works okay, but I wish it would refresh more often.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711