What would you like to see or have with the Watch 6?

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
What would you like to see on the Watch 6? I have my Watch 4 and love it, but will be ready to swap at the next release in September.... when i first bought the Watch i couldn’t see much use for it...that quickly changed 🤩 and wouldn’t be without it now.

What would be nice to see/have in the next version? Comments please

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Watch 6 in September

I have a S4 as well and will probably upgrade (might go Hermès this time around!)

I’d love to see a bit of a hardware refresh/redesign as well as sleep tracking and longer battery life/faster charging!

The Apple Watch isn’t my “daily driver” and I still mainly only use it for workouts, but since watchOS6 I find myself using the watch more and more.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watch 6 in September

I don’t really know what I’d like to see with the next Watch, but I sure as heck would like the next watchOS to include some nice classy watch faces that can be used in previous Watch models.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I have a S4 as well and will probably upgrade (might go Hermès this time around!)

I’d love to see a bit of a hardware refresh/redesign as well as sleep tracking and longer battery life/faster charging!

The Apple Watch isn’t my “daily driver” and I still mainly only use it for workouts, but since watchOS6 I find myself using the watch more and more.

Battery life definitely! I’m not sure I’d find sleep tracking that useful.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site

Better battery life and native sleep tracking. I’ve had my S4 for almost 2 years, so it’ll be time for me to upgrade in September. I don’t know if I’ll stick with aluminum or stainless steel this go around.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Better battery life and native sleep tracking. I’ve had my S4 for almost 2 years, so it’ll be time for me to upgrade in September. I don’t know if I’ll stick with aluminum or stainless steel this go around.

Stainless steel is so nice and i like the weight of it!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I have an S3 and will probably swap mine out the next round. I think I will keep my S3 as a back up.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

S3 LTE here. Still works just fine. Since we just got new iPhones (11 Pro Max) we might wait and see if the 5’s drop in price.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I won't be getting one myself, but I'd love to see a redesign - something completely fresh. Maybe one with a protective bezel, to help prevent some display fractures. Maybe a move toward the use of simple Qi charging rather than the charging puck. Always better battery life. Maybe any extra button, so that there can be hardware button functionality for things like workouts, stopwatch, etc.

The rest of my wishes are probably more watchOS 7 wishes than Series 6 wishes. (Better AOD support for third party apps and watch faces; third party watch face support; more health sensors, such as blood oxygen levels and perhaps blood sugar levels, if possible; better workout support, especially running intervals, and make the dumb countdown optional already; iPhone independence, so a watch can stand alone, finally; support for syncing to iPad and Mac or even iPod Touch; Health data access on iCloud.com, MacOS, and iPadOS.) My watchOS wish list gets smaller all of the time, though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I won't be getting one myself, but I'd love to see a redesign - something completely fresh. Maybe one with a protective bezel, to help prevent some display fractures. Maybe a move toward the use of simple Qi charging rather than the charging puck. Always better battery life. Maybe any extra button, so that there can be hardware button functionality for things like workouts, stopwatch, etc.

The rest of my wishes are probably more watchOS 7 wishes than Series 6 wishes. (Better AOD support for third party apps and watch faces; third party watch face support; more health sensors, such as blood oxygen levels and perhaps blood sugar levels, if possible; better workout support, especially running intervals, and make the dumb countdown optional already; iPhone independence, so a watch can stand alone, finally; support for syncing to iPad and Mac or even iPod Touch; Health data access on iCloud.com, MacOS, and iPadOS.) My watchOS wish list gets smaller all of the time, though.

The ability to be independent of iPhone would be great!!! You should be able to restore your watch from backup without having to restore your phone from backup.

yuanyasmine

Feb 4, 2020
Visit site
The longer battery life and cheaper price. I'm also using Apple Watch 5, but the battery life is only about 18 hours. I have to charge it every night. So I hope to see the longer battery life.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hardware: thinner and better battery life (yes, I want Apple to defy the laws of physics!)
Software: sleep tracking and more/better cumulative stats for workouts

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods