I can't believe there is no built-in setting (i.e. vibration, chirp) to alert you when you're walking away without your iPhone. Am I missing something or is there a reliable 3rd party app that can do this? Thanks!
    TurboTiger and nikkisharif like this.
    02-10-2020 03:40 PM
    I can't believe there is no built-in setting to alert you when you're walking away without your iPhone. Am I missing something or is there a reliable 3rd party app that can do this? Thanks!
    I don’t know why it’s not there but I’d love to see this feature too.
    Also, I have my Auto-Lock set to 5 minutes because it’s more convenient that way for me.
    I’d love to see a feature that allows you to lock your phone with the Apple Watch. (Especially handy if you left your iPhone unlocked on the table in a busy place with family and went to get something from the kitchen for example.)
    kataran and iwoodland like this.
    02-10-2020 03:44 PM
    I also like this idea! My android based TicWatch2 does this, although my Fossil Android Wear does not.

You can leave Apple Feedback for any of their products at.....

https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p
    02-10-2020 03:53 PM
    I suppose because I’ve had a cellular model for quite sometime, it never dawned on me the need to alert me when I’m out of range of my iPhone.

Still, the OP has brought up something that should be an automatic feature.
    SwitchBeach, Spencerdl and kataran like this.
    02-10-2020 06:31 PM
    I guess the point of having a cellular model is to switch to cellular when the watch leaves the range of the iPhone of wifi. I personally don't see a need to let me know the watch has left the range. Then again, I never leave my phone behind accidentally. I've left my wallet/keys/laptop/suitcase accidentally, but never my phone.
    Tartarus and Spencerdl like this.
    02-11-2020 09:05 AM
    Because I have a cellular version of the Apple Watch, I'm not sure that I would need it. BUT, I do think it's a great idea for those who don't have cellular versions of the Apple Watch. And while I'm very rarely without my iPhone, there have been one or two times that I've managed to leave it behind. Sadly, the feelings of withdrawal are not something I'm proud of! And because of these feelings, I think this is a compelling idea!
    Spencerdl, kataran and iwoodland like this.
    02-11-2020 09:10 AM
    I guess the point of having a cellular model is to switch to cellular when the watch leaves the range of the iPhone of wifi. I personally don't see a need to let me know the watch has left the range. Then again, I never leave my phone behind accidentally. I've left my wallet/keys/laptop/suitcase accidentally, but never my phone.
    I don’t have the cellular model but since I’ve owned my AW4 I “lose” my phone at home quite a bit since I don’t pick it up as often. Twice I have completely left it at home and not realized until I got where I was going. I did not get the cell version because I always have my phone but I forget my phone because I have the watch, lol. If AW6 is compelling enough I will get the cell version next time.
    In any case I agree that a disconnected alert should have been an auto feature from the beginning.
    Last edited by wenrob; 02-11-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    iwoodland likes this.
    02-11-2020 10:26 AM
    I don’t have the cellular model but since I’ve owned my AW4 I “lose” my phone at home quite a bit since I don’t pick it up as often. Twice I have completely left it at home and not realized until I got where I was going. I did not get the cell version because I always have my phone but I forget my phone because I have the watch, lol. If AW6 is compelling enough I will get the cell version next time.
    In any case I agree that a disconnected alert should have been a auto feature from the beginning.
    There might be 3rd party watch apps that can alert you when you are separated from your phone
    Last edited by scruffypig; 02-11-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    02-11-2020 10:49 AM
    I also think this would be a great option to have on the AW. I really never paid attention since I purchased my AW4 cellar version and have left home quite often without my iPhone when running to the corner store.
    02-11-2020 10:53 AM
    There are 3rd party watch apps that can alert you when you are separated from your phone
    For me it’s not that big of a deal. Both times I accidentally left it I was with my kids who had their phones.

It’s nice that there are 3rd party apps for it but really, it should be a native feature. Apple is known for having well thought out products and this seems like a weird oversight.
    02-11-2020 10:54 AM
    Great idea.
    I’ve become so use to using my Watch, I sometimes leave my phone in the bedroom on the charger for hours. Very easy to walk out of my house & drive away without it.
    Good Luck
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-11-2020 06:38 PM
    I can't believe there is no built-in setting (i.e. vibration, chirp) to alert you when you're walking away without your iPhone. Am I missing something or is there a reliable 3rd party app that can do this? Thanks!
    I’ve never thought of it because I have my alerts turned off & I have the cellular version, but this would a great option to have available.
    02-12-2020 08:23 PM
    This would be a nice option for the non-cellular version.
    02-13-2020 08:46 AM