Hi all! I am thinking to get an apple watch. I know it's like a smaller version of iPhone, but is it worth the price?

So, for those who have iWatch, would you recommend it, and if so, what version?
    What do you mostly use it for? And what function is your fav?

Any comments appreciated. Thank you
    02-04-2020 11:07 PM
    Hi all! I am thinking to get an apple watch. I know it's like a smaller version of iPhone, but is it worth the price?

Well, firstly you’d have to decide whether you want the Apple Watch or an iWatch .
    After that, there is written and said so much about it, that I think it’s safe to say that we expect a little more research from you and have more specific questions about the Apple Watch, instead of these you just asked.
    Annie_M, aximtreo and nikkisharif like this.
    02-05-2020 12:07 AM
    Hi I'll do that, thank you!!
    02-05-2020 01:52 AM
    I am happy with the Apple Watch, but that doesn't mean that everyone is.

I am a runner, so I have always done as much as I can to track how much exercise I am getting and how hard I am working. Over the years I have been able to do so as technology has become better and smaller. I have also always worn a watch to tell time - for many decades, daily. The Apple Watch is not the best running watch, but it is able to give me a more complete record of all of my daily activity, which is something I never had before the Apple Watch, and combined with its ability to allow me to see notifications from my phone without having to stop and take my phone out of my pocket, and, of course, the continued ability to see the time anytime I wish with just a glance at my wrist - the Apple Watch is great for me. So, my favorite function is the daily tracking of my activity and exercise.

Which version? That is up to you and your budget.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-05-2020 11:47 AM
    Once upon a time, I had doubts as to whether or not I'd ever want an Apple Watch. I mean, what could it do for me? Over time, I gradually became more and more intrigued and finally got one for my birthday almost 2 years ago. I cannot imagine not having one. Besides the obvious exercise and health benefits, there are so many other things that make life without the Watch unimaginable!

Some of my favorite features are being able to leave my purse behind when I go out to lunch on campus. I have Apple Pay set up on my watch, and use it to pay for my meal. I still get a kick out of people's amazement when I do this, especially the students around here who are probably far more advanced technology-wise than myself! I love being able to answer phone calls on it, read and respond to texts on it, check the weather, use the timer, listen to music and control the volume.

So yes, I think it's definitely worth it. As to which version, @doogald is correct. Get the most recent that you can afford. Go to an Apple Store, or other Authorized dealers, and try them on to figure out which size and color would be best for YOU. Nobody can really tell you that except for you!
    doogald and aximtreo like this.
    02-05-2020 12:00 PM

Yes, I have an watch and I've worn one since they begin selling them a few years back. As for whether they're worth the price, some people will say yes whereas others will say no. To me, it's worth the price, but that's Just Me, D...
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-05-2020 06:35 PM
    By the way, the Apple Watch is not a slimmed down iPhone as the original post in this thread seemed to indicate. The watch needs an iPhone to initialize, for example. The much smaller screen limits many of the apps. Nevertheless, I whole heartedly support getting and using an Apple Watch!!
    Just_Me_D, aximtreo and iwoodland like this.
    02-06-2020 03:18 PM