Apple Watch Series 3 is down to just $179 at Amazon

I tried using my iPhone and my Watch (S4) but to no avail. Yahoo Weather, The Weather Channel, and a few other apps (all in the Complication list), don't show up as an option in the Face setup.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Ze-tr00th-hurtZ; 01-09-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    01-09-2020 11:31 AM
    OK, I've been playing around with this. I have several weather apps on my iPhone, including Yahoo Weather and The Weather Channel. I don't see Yahoo Weather as a potential complication for your Watch. I do see that it is possible to add "The Weather Channel" as a complication... it's under "The Weather". Other possible weather complications are AccuWeather, Dark Sky, and Forecast Bar, which I just discovered, and really like.
    01-09-2020 02:31 PM
    Thank so much.
    As you can see in my attachment, Yahoo! Weather shows up in my Complications, but I cannot use it as an Apple Watch face. I have that same issue with the Weather Channel. Dark Sky and Carrot weather work flawlessly. And, by the way, Forecast Bar works nicely, thanks for the heads-up.

Apple watch Complication Not Showing as option in Face setup list-screenshot-2020-01-09-2.52.08-pm.jpg
    Last edited by Ze-tr00th-hurtZ; 01-09-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    01-09-2020 02:56 PM
    In which face are you trying to add the complication, and which complication slot? Some apps, particularly older apps, may not have complications that work with the newer S4 and S5 larger watch faces (the Infographs, California, etc.), or they may have only small complications but not the larger ones.
    01-09-2020 03:45 PM
    I tried 4 different faces; in different areas of the faces (Infograph Modular, Infograph, Photos and Meridian). Both Dark Sky and Carrot weather worked fine with those, but the Weather Channel, Yahoo! Weather and a few other apps didn't.
    I've read somewhere that trying directly from the watch (instead of phone app) might solve this issue but it didn't.
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    I tried 4 different faces; in different areas of the faces (Infograph Modular, Infograph, Photos and Meridian). Both Dark Sky and Carrot weather worked fine with those, but the Weather Channel, Yahoo! Weather and a few other apps didn't.
    I've read somewhere that trying directly from the watch (instead of phone app) might solve this issue but it didn't.
    Try it on the Simple face or the old Modular face (not Infograph Modular or Modular Compact). I don't use those other weather apps and don't feel like installing them, but, like I said, it may be that those apps were never updated for the new watch complications that started with the larger S4.
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-10-2020 09:06 AM
    Thanks doogald, Yahoo Weather works great with the "old" Modular. The Weather Channel works too, but the face shows only precipitation, not temps or anything else, no matter what I try... nevertheless, the "old" Modular face also solved my other apps issue. Interesting... On a side note, I assumed the "Photos" face is "old" too, but those apps don't work with it.
    01-10-2020 10:06 AM
    This may be a silly question, but if I want to get more weather details, I simply tap the temperature on my Watch face, and another screen opens with all the details I want/need.
    01-10-2020 10:14 AM
    This may be a silly question, but if I want to get more weather details, I simply tap the temperature on my Watch face, and another screen opens with all the details I want/need.
    There's no such thing as a "silly" question
    Yeah, when tapping on an app on Watch face, another screen will open with more details. I just like to see the current temp (and "feels" like) on my Watch face without needing to get more details. That's true for my steps or battery, et al.
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-10-2020 10:58 AM
    Yeah, when tapping on an app on Watch face, another screen will open with more details. I just like to see the current temp (and "feels" like) on my Watch face without needing to get more details. That's true for my steps or battery, et al.
    I've just recently learned about a Weather App called Forecast Bar, and have been trying it out. Here's what the complication looks like on my Watch

Apple watch Complication Not Showing as option in Face setup list-forecast-bar-complication.jpg
    cinnamin likes this.
    01-10-2020 12:47 PM
    I Forecast Bar! And, by the way, it is warm over there.... We're sitting on 17 F
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-10-2020 03:38 PM
    I Forecast Bar! And, by the way, it is warm over there.... We're sitting on 17 F
    I’m so glad you like it! It is freakishly warm here and will be for the next few days. The old man winter will return!
    01-11-2020 06:55 AM
    I use two complications for the weather. One is “weather” and one is “weather conditions”.

Last edited by edswife1970; 01-11-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    01-11-2020 02:05 PM
    I use two complications for the weather. One is “weather” and one is “weather conditions”
    I believe "Weather" and "Weather Conditions" are both part of Apple's stock Weather app, no? And yes, the stock Weather app works very well!
    01-12-2020 10:25 AM
    I believe "Weather" and "Weather Conditions" are both part of Apple's stock Weather app, no? And yes, the stock Weather app works very well!
    I've noticed that some weather complications that were once free with free weather apps are now paid versions for Apple Watch complications. The industry has changed over the years and it seems that if you want a weather Apple Watch complication you have to pay for it in the original weather app.
    01-12-2020 10:56 AM
    I've noticed that some weather complications that were once free with free weather apps are now paid versions for Apple Watch complications. The industry has changed over the years and it seems that if you want a weather Apple Watch complication you have to pay for it in the original weather app.
    I find it to be true and it's unfortunate. Still, with all my playing around with weather complications in the past 2 weeks (there are worse obsessions in life, right?), the free ones: Dark Sky, Carrot Weather and Forecast Bar, work very well! Of the three, Forecast Bar refreshes the weather on the watch's "face" the best.
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-13-2020 10:23 AM
    the free ones: Dark Sky, Carrot Weather and Forecast Bar, work very well! Of the three, Forecast Bar refreshes the weather on the watch's "face" the best.
    These are not free and to get the Apple Watch complication there is a fee for the actual app or within the app if I'm not mistaken.
    01-13-2020 11:27 AM
    These are not free and to get the Apple Watch complication there is a fee for the actual app or within the app if I'm not mistaken.
    You're right, DS and CW aren't free. Forecast Bar is. But neither of the 3 charges "extra" for complications that I am aware of.
    01-16-2020 09:51 AM
    You're right, DS and CW aren't free. Forecast Bar is. But neither of the 3 charges "extra" for complications that I am aware of.
    Nope they don't charge "extra" but most paid weather apps do have the Apple Watch complication...and yes Forecast Bar is also a paid subscription after trial period.
    Ze-tr00th-hurtZ likes this.
    01-16-2020 09:57 AM
    Nope they don't charge "extra" but most paid weather apps do have the Apple Watch complication.
    Agree and it's a bummer. Yahoo Weather is unique, I suppose. Thanks for pointing it out re: FBar. I totally forgot.
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-16-2020 10:02 AM
    Agree and it's a bummer. I suppose Forecast Bar is somewhat unique. Yahoo Weather too.
    Forecast Bar is a paid subscription after trial period
    01-16-2020 10:06 AM
    Forecast Bar is a paid subscription after trial period
    I've corrected my post. Thanks for pointing it out!
    That leaves Yahoo Weather an unpaid complication. Are there any others? I'm testing Hello Weather....it's pretty cool, but--alas, you'd need the "pro" to be included in the complications.
    01-16-2020 10:11 AM
    I've corrected my post. Thanks for pointing it out!
    That leaves Yahoo Weather an unpaid complication. Are there any others?
    LOL ..not to many, but with the plethora of weather apps in the Apple App Store I haven't tried them all.
    01-16-2020 10:18 AM
    ..and yes Forecast Bar is also a paid subscription after trial period.
    Apple watch Complication Not Showing as option in Face setup list-premium.png

Forecast Bar: You'd need the more expensive subscription to boot. But, honestly, it's cool and fast (as refreshing temps go).
    01-16-2020 10:32 AM