I have my watch in airplane mode but my notifications from my phone are still coming thru. Am I missing something here? I thought in airplane mode it would stop that.
    01-07-2020 02:20 AM
    Bluetooth remains on by default but you can disable it manually and it will remember the next time you turn on airplane mode. Keep in mind, airplane mode is designed to comply with airline rules, which don’t require you to disable bluetooth and, in most cases, WiFi.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204234
    Annie_M, Lee_Bo and doogald like this.
    01-07-2020 05:39 AM
    That makes sense. Thanks for the interpretation. I knew i was missing something.
    Annie_M and Rob Phillips like this.
    01-07-2020 07:25 PM
    That makes sense. Thanks for the interpretation. I knew i was missing something.
    Keep how that works in mind if you are were there's a restriction on WiFi access. As an example we were just at a hotel where you only get two devices on net without paying more. My wife and I turned off WiFi on the watches, kept bluetooth on, and we had watch to phone sync and features while others were paying the hotel for more access.
    01-08-2020 06:55 AM
    Bluetooth remains on by default but you can disable it manually and it will remember the next time you turn on airplane mode. Keep in mind, airplane mode is designed to comply with airline rules, which don’t require you to disable bluetooth and, in most cases, WiFi.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204234
    Thanks for posting this, because I most definitely want BT off when I am in airplane mode and I did not know about the change in iOS 13. I use airplane mode mostly at times when I want absolutely zero interruptions on my watch because I have emergency bypass turned on for some contacts and I definitely don't want a ringing device at a funeral, during a movie, etc.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    01-08-2020 08:48 AM