Not a happy camper....

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my Apple Watch 4 was not connecting to my iPhone. The phone said the watch was connected but nothing was syncing.
Decided to unpair the watch and reconnect things.

But I forgot that because the watch had not synced, all my activity data had not been backed up.
I realized the error of my ways when the watch came back to life and I had zero stats for my day's activity.

This error ends a 235-day streak of meeting my movement goals.
Guess all streaks must come to an end but I fought through illness, exhaustion and other physical ailments to keep this streak alive.

Shame there is no way to retrieve this data.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Next time just restart both devices first before going the unpair and pair again route.

But I am sorry this has happened to you.

Last edited:

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I noticed my Apple Watch 4 was not connecting to my iPhone. The phone said the watch was connected but nothing was syncing.
Decided to unpair the watch and reconnect things.

But I forgot that because the watch had not synced, all my activity data had not been backed up.
I realized the error of my ways when the watch came back to life and I had zero stats for my day's activity.

This error ends a 235-day streak of meeting my movement goals.
Guess all streaks must come to an end but I fought through illness, exhaustion and other physical ailments to keep this streak alive.

Shame there is no way to retrieve this data.

Had something similar with the new iPhone this year. Decided to set up the new phone from scratch. Lost about 35 days of data that for some reason did not sync to iCloud. Some awards too. Wish there was some method to see what is and is not in sync.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Had something similar with the new iPhone this year. Decided to set up the new phone from scratch. Lost about 35 days of data that for some reason did not sync to iCloud. Some awards too. Wish there was some method to see what is and is not in sync.

I lost a day and a half similarly a year ago. I agree, but even better would be if the health app was 100% reliably always synced.

Scott Ronan

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Thats crap dude. I had a similar thing happen to me. I have over two years of monthly challenges completed and perfect months but only 304 days completed for all activities.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner