Apple Watch Screen suddenly has horizontal flickering lines

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So I was going away for a couple fo weeks to Africa, and didn't want to risk taking my Apple watch. I took it off and put it on my desk.

I didn't leave it charging as I didn't want it left on charge for 14 days straight, so decided I'd let the battery run down and recharge it when I got back.

Today I have charged it and the screen is unusable. There's now a mass of flickering white or green lines across the screen that totally obstruct the watch. The watch has had no damage and has had no repairs ever, it was exactly where I'd left it.

wondering what might have caused this and what I can do?

Many thanks

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

IMG_4317.jpeg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you try to restart it to see if the lines go away? Also, try unpairing it from your iPhone and then try pairing it again.

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes have rebooted it and tried the unpairing / pairing it. It's "functioning" behind the mess, but the screen is unusable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes have rebooted it and tried the unpairing / pairing it. It's "functioning" behind the mess, but the screen is unusable.

Why that happened is anyone’s guess. If you have Apple Care Plus on it, now would be a good time to use it. You can also take it to an Apple Store to get their take on the situation.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2