Apple Watch to the rescue

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Just read a story on Facebook that tells of an older gentleman taking a hard fall on his bike and being knocked unconscious. His Apple watch notified emergency services and he was rescued and taken to the hospital. And he’s doing fine now.

It’s nice to get confirmation that these things really work!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I saw that same story on Reddit. It’s pretty awesome!! I’ll be getting my son a S5 for this very reason. He had a craniotomy a couple of weeks ago & although he’s moving around extremely well on his own, I’ll be a nervous wreck once we get back to NYC late October & I have to leave him to go back to work. The Apple Watch will help ease my mind a little bit.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Apple Watch for this very reason I have a real bad heart and hopefully I don’t ever have to use the fall feature.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My new watch is helping with my high heart rate it alerted me while driving that my rate was way to high I was able to pull over before I passed out!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My new watch is helping with my high heart rate it alerted me while driving that my rate was way to high I was able to pull over before I passed out!

Out of curiosity, how high was it? And what's your normal heart rate?

I'm wondering how far outside the norm it takes to trigger an alert. My concern is low heart rate. My heart rate is normally about 60 because I'm in pretty good shape aerobically. So, it's fairly low to start with, but at night it gets down into the upper 40s, which strikes me as potentially alarming.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2