Apple Watch S5 - Upgrade or Not (Yes for me)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to Black SS with Milanese band. The Hermes I had last year the deployment buckle sucked, it didn't hold in place and would loosen all day long. For a $549 leather band I expect far higher quality, yes it was nice band but not worth the price. I skipped Hermes this year and went with MTM AppleCare+ so I am no longer stuck with 2 year only option.

Oh and the always on display battery life sucks. I get a 20-25% hit with the always on display. I could start my day at 7am and end at 9pm with 55-60%, with always on I am lucky to end with 30%.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was at Best Buy the other day and was looking at the Series 5 watches that were on display. I contemplated updating my Series 3, but opted not to. Maybe I’ll reconsider, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I skipped Hermes this year and went with MTM AppleCare+ so I am no longer stuck with 2 year only option.

FWIW, you can still get two year AppleCare+ (for non-edition watches) and then extend it month to month after two years is over. (You just have to remember to do so.)

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got the series 5 (Nike) a few days ago, I upgraded from a series 2 (Nike), for me it was well worth the money, going from a 2 to a 5 is a HUGE improvement. Way faster, a bit bigger display, it's snappy and responsive, love the new faces with the latest OS. And the watch is awesome looking IMO. Very happy with upgrade. IMG_1271.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got the series 5 (Nike) a few days ago, I upgraded from a series 2 (Nike), for me it was well worth the money, going from a 2 to a 5 is a HUGE improvement. Way faster, a bit bigger display, it's snappy and responsive, love the new faces with the latest OS. And the watch is awesome looking IMO. Very happy with upgrade. View attachment 127103

Congrats on getting your new Watch...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got the series 5 (Nike) a few days ago, I upgraded from a series 2 (Nike), for me it was well worth the money, going from a 2 to a 5 is a HUGE improvement. Way faster, a bit bigger display, it's snappy and responsive, love the new faces with the latest OS. And the watch is awesome looking IMO. Very happy with upgrade. View attachment 127103

Congrats

Nakia Johnson1

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
It is worth the upgrade for me because I like the display being on all the time besides twisting my wrist every time or tap on the screen to see what time it is.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did end up getting a Series 5 stainless steel cellular model and I’m glad I did.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I know I'm late to the party but I finally upgraded my beloved Series 2 GPS to a Series 5 GPS+Cellular and loving it. I knew may Series 2 was dog slow but wow this Series 5 is fast so this upgrade was well overdue for me. My Series 2 will now serve as a backup. Team Apple Watch all the way (3 years strong)!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm late to the party but I finally upgraded my beloved Series 2 GPS to a Series 5 GPS+Cellular and loving it. I knew may Series 2 was dog slow but wow this Series 5 is fast so this upgrade was well overdue for me. My Series 2 will now serve as a backup. Team Apple Watch all the way (3 years strong)!!

It’s crazy the original Watch was released 5 years ago and I haven’t worn a traditional watch since. I’ve had the original series, the Series 3 and now i have the Series 5. I’m definitely all in on the Watch...;)

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Congratulations! I had the original Apple Watch, then a series 3, then a series 4 and now the series 5! I got the Nike version this time - non-cellular. I still have my series 4 gold stainless steel and I alternate using them depending on what I’m doing/where I’m going. Actually looking forward to seeing what the series 6 will be!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations! Enjoy your Series 5. I just upgraded from a S3 to a S5 a couple weeks ago. I’m all in on the Apple Watch.

gbphilli

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
I just upgraded from Series 4 to Series 5 for the AOD, additional storage, and the compass. Totally worth it, and my wife will inherit my S4, her first smartwatch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73