I’m holding on to my S4 because this isn’t really something I care about. Thoughts?
    09-10-2019 12:39 PM
    Nice for that to be a new feature but I’ll probably hold on to the s4 like I did with s0 unless it’s. A HUGE change to the watch next year.
    09-10-2019 12:41 PM
    Definitely not worth an upgrade from my stainless steel S4 (especially when I mainly use the watch for workouts and wear a traditional watch otherwise). More than happy to hold on to my S4 for at least another year
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 01:16 PM
    I will be upgrading only because I had already plan on doing so from my Series 2 Nike+. The AOD didn’t really make me jump for joy!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 01:17 PM
    Nice for that to be a new feature but I’ll probably hold on to the s4 like I did with s0 unless it’s. A HUGE change to the watch next year.
    I agree it’s nice! A lot of people will be happy about that.

Definitely not worth an upgrade from my stainless steel S4 (especially when I mainly use the watch for workouts and wear a traditional watch otherwise). More than happy to hold on to my S4 for at least another year
    I’ll also be holding on to my S4, although the SB Hermès is intriguing. I’m a sucker for Hermès in general..I need to stay out of there

I will be upgrading only because I had already plan on doing so from my Series 2 Nike+. The AOD didn’t really make me jump for joy!
    This will be an awesome time for you to upgrade! I heard the jump from S2 to S4 was huge, so I’m sure this will be even better. Can’t wait to see everyone’s new watches.
    SaMaster14 and ReVu30 like this.
    09-10-2019 01:36 PM
    Nope, just bought the series 4 SS so I’m good for now
    nikkisharif and Tartarus like this.
    09-10-2019 02:56 PM
    I have an S2 and was planning to upgrade anyway, but this is a huge bonus feature. I wasn't expecting this yet.
    nikkisharif, ksassy and ReVu30 like this.
    09-10-2019 04:24 PM
    Like the new AOD so this will make a nice upgrade from my Series 2
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 04:29 PM
    The new LTPO OLED screen looks nice, but I am staying with my 4 for now.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 04:58 PM

I’ll also be holding on to my S4, although the SB Hermès is intriguing. I’m a sucker for Hermès in general..I need to stay out of there
    I totally understand the Hermès appeal (I actually just purchased a new H clic bracelet), especially if the Apple Watch is a “daily driver”. Since I use it as more of a workout tool (especially for swimming), any leather or high quality band would be ruined, so I stick with the black rubber.

Moreover, if I’m taking time to switch a band because I want to portray the luxury/fashion aspect of the watch, I have the time to instead put on one of my more traditional mechanical timepieces, a la Rolex/Omega.
    nikkisharif and ksassy like this.
    09-10-2019 05:11 PM
    I totally understand the Hermès appeal (I actually just purchased a new H clic bracelet), especially if the Apple Watch is a “daily driver”. Since I use it as more of a workout tool (especially for swimming), any leather or high quality band would be ruined, so I stick with the black rubber.

Moreover, if I’m taking time to switch a band because I want to portray the luxury/fashion aspect of the watch, I have the time to instead put on one of my more traditional mechanical timepieces, a la Rolex/Omega.
    Love the H clic What color did you get? My Apple Watch is my daily driver, so I switch bands based on my outfit for the day. When it comes to black tie outings, I’ll switch to an Omega or Cartier or something else in my collection. Those events don’t happen as often as they use to.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    09-10-2019 05:29 PM
    Love the H clic What color did you get? My Apple Watch is my daily driver, so I switch bands based on my outfit for the day. When it comes to black tie outings, I’ll switch to an Omega or Cartier or something else in my collection. Those events don’t happen as often as they use to.
    Totally understandable! And I opted for the classic black on stainless. I thought it would match both my more traditional pieces as well as some of my more extravagantly colored watches
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 05:31 PM
    Totally understandable! And I opted for the classic black on stainless. I thought it would match both my more traditional pieces as well as some of my more extravagantly colored watches
    So classic
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    09-10-2019 05:46 PM
    Nope holding onto my Series 4 man going to try till 2021 haha. The watch is just too expensive to upgrade every year especially considering resale value is trash on the SS models.
    nikkisharif and ReVu30 like this.
    09-10-2019 09:24 PM
    I love my 44mm S4 even though it’s Aluminum. The S5 isn’t enough for me to upgrade this year. With watchOS 6, my S4 will feel brand new along with me buying a new band.
    Last edited by staceymj86; 09-10-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 09:27 PM
    Also staying with my watch 4 it is a brilliant watch and series 5 does not merit the upgrade that’s why they discontinued the series 4.
    09-12-2019 08:46 AM
    I'm not upgrading for the AOD, but I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Series 5. My Series 3 battery life just isn't what it once was.
    09-12-2019 12:02 PM
    Before the keynote, I had told myself that I did need to upgrade because the only feature that would entice me would be always on display and since there were no rumors to that effect, it was very unlikely. Now I'm at least thinking about the new titanium model. I'll probably at least wait until they're in the Apple Store so I can see the models in person.
    09-12-2019 04:05 PM
    I have to say, the fact that the new SS Hermès model comes with a rubber sport band in addition to whichever leather/faux leather band you select is rather enticing.

Definitely not enough to have me switch over from my 44mm SS series4, but if the same option is afforded when the new series6 is released next year (hopefully with a bit of a design refresh, sleep tracking, etc.), I may just fork over the extra ~$400 for the Hermès SS model over the standard SS sport model.
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 09-12-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    09-12-2019 04:52 PM
    I’m holding on to my S4 because this isn’t really something I care about. Thoughts?
    Are users able to disable the always on option?
    09-12-2019 04:56 PM
    I have to say, the fact that the new SS Hermès model comes with a rubber sport band in addition to whichever leather/faux leather band you select is rather enticing.

Definitely not enough to have me switch over from my 44mm SS series4, but if the same option is afforded when the new series6 is released next year (hopefully with a bit of a design refresh, sleep tracking, etc.), I may just fork over the extra ~$400 for the Hermès SS model over the standard SS sport model.
    It always came with a sport band. The only difference is the SB will have a black sport band instead of the orange.

Are users able to disable the always on option?
    That’s a great question!!! I would hope there would be an option, since not everyone wants that feature. I guess we’ll see soon enough.
    SaMaster14 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-12-2019 06:45 PM
    Yes, I will be holding on to my AW4 as well. The new materials and always on display isn't that appealing to me for an AW upgrade.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2019 08:48 PM
    Yes, I will be holding on to my AW4 as well. The new materials and always on display isn't that appealing to me for an AW upgrade.
    Considering you just got the 4 I'd hope you're not upgrading. LOL
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2019 08:50 PM
    Considering you just got the 4 I'd hope you're not upgrading. LOL
    Hey...you never know, but I'm good with my AW4. LOL
    msm0511, Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2019 08:54 PM
    I am upgrading. I have every Watch since launch so I figure why stop now.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2019 04:22 AM
26 12