Always on display on the S5...Will you be upgrading?

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Nice for that to be a new feature but I’ll probably hold on to the s4 like I did with s0 unless it’s. A HUGE change to the watch next year.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not worth an upgrade from my stainless steel S4 (especially when I mainly use the watch for workouts and wear a traditional watch otherwise). More than happy to hold on to my S4 for at least another year

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I will be upgrading only because I had already plan on doing so from my Series 2 Nike+. The AOD didn’t really make me jump for joy!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice for that to be a new feature but I’ll probably hold on to the s4 like I did with s0 unless it’s. A HUGE change to the watch next year.

I agree it’s nice! A lot of people will be happy about that.

Definitely not worth an upgrade from my stainless steel S4 (especially when I mainly use the watch for workouts and wear a traditional watch otherwise). More than happy to hold on to my S4 for at least another year

I’ll also be holding on to my S4, although the SB Hermès is intriguing. I’m a sucker for Hermès in general..I need to stay out of there

I will be upgrading only because I had already plan on doing so from my Series 2 Nike+. The AOD didn’t really make me jump for joy!

This will be an awesome time for you to upgrade! I heard the jump from S2 to S4 was huge, so I’m sure this will be even better. Can’t wait to see everyone’s new watches.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ll also be holding on to my S4, although the SB Hermès is intriguing. I’m a sucker for Hermès in general..I need to stay out of there

I totally understand the Hermès appeal (I actually just purchased a new H clic bracelet), especially if the Apple Watch is a “daily driver”. Since I use it as more of a workout tool (especially for swimming), any leather or high quality band would be ruined, so I stick with the black rubber.

Moreover, if I’m taking time to switch a band because I want to portray the luxury/fashion aspect of the watch, I have the time to instead put on one of my more traditional mechanical timepieces, a la Rolex/Omega.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I totally understand the Hermès appeal (I actually just purchased a new H clic bracelet), especially if the Apple Watch is a “daily driver”. Since I use it as more of a workout tool (especially for swimming), any leather or high quality band would be ruined, so I stick with the black rubber.

Moreover, if I’m taking time to switch a band because I want to portray the luxury/fashion aspect of the watch, I have the time to instead put on one of my more traditional mechanical timepieces, a la Rolex/Omega.

Love the H clic What color did you get? My Apple Watch is my daily driver, so I switch bands based on my outfit for the day. When it comes to black tie outings, I’ll switch to an Omega or Cartier or something else in my collection. Those events don’t happen as often as they use to.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Love the H clic What color did you get? My Apple Watch is my daily driver, so I switch bands based on my outfit for the day. When it comes to black tie outings, I’ll switch to an Omega or Cartier or something else in my collection. Those events don’t happen as often as they use to.

Totally understandable! And I opted for the classic black on stainless. I thought it would match both my more traditional pieces as well as some of my more extravagantly colored watches

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope holding onto my Series 4 man going to try till 2021 haha. The watch is just too expensive to upgrade every year especially considering resale value is trash on the SS models.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I love my 44mm S4 even though it’s Aluminum. The S5 isn’t enough for me to upgrade this year. With watchOS 6, my S4 will feel brand new along with me buying a new band.

Last edited:

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
Also staying with my watch 4 it is a brilliant watch and series 5 does not merit the upgrade that’s why they discontinued the series 4.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not upgrading for the AOD, but I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Series 5. My Series 3 battery life just isn't what it once was.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Before the keynote, I had told myself that I did need to upgrade because the only feature that would entice me would be always on display and since there were no rumors to that effect, it was very unlikely. Now I'm at least thinking about the new titanium model. I'll probably at least wait until they're in the Apple Store so I can see the models in person.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, the fact that the new SS Hermès model comes with a rubber sport band in addition to whichever leather/faux leather band you select is rather enticing.

Definitely not enough to have me switch over from my 44mm SS series4, but if the same option is afforded when the new series6 is released next year (hopefully with a bit of a design refresh, sleep tracking, etc.), I may just fork over the extra ~$400 for the Hermès SS model over the standard SS sport model.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods