Guys,

I might be an *****, or I might suck at searching, or both may be true. My S4 is my third Apple Watch device. To this day, I have not been able to figure out how to answer calls while using Water Lock. I can make them using Siri, but is there any way to answer them? My current solution is quickly spinning the crown, hoping it unlocks fast enough, and answering. I use my watch during activities like kayaking where it isn’t constantly being hit by water, but I keep it locked so an accidental touch doesn’t happen.
    08-19-2019 07:21 AM
    The screen lock is to prevent accidental taps while swimming, etc. Turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and clear any water from your Apple Watch. It is not a “Water Lock” to keep water out.
    Just_Me_D and wenrob like this.
    08-19-2019 08:26 AM
    I use my watch during activities like kayaking where it isn’t constantly being hit by water, but I keep it locked so an accidental touch doesn’t happen.
    And that's exactly what the water lock feature is intended for, so you won't accidentally tough the screen during an activity and cause an issue. There's no way around that. Sorry.
    08-19-2019 10:11 AM
    And that's exactly what the water lock feature is intended for, so you won't accidentally tough the screen during an activity and cause an issue. There's no way around that. Sorry.
    Understood. I was hoping there was a Siri workaround I hadn’t figured out. My method seems to be the “quickest.” Thank you!
    08-19-2019 11:11 AM
    As @scruffypig suggested, turning the crown is the fastest way to clear any water from your watch and to turn on the water lock feature. It only takes a few seconds... that's a pretty quick work around.
    08-19-2019 11:47 AM
    If you are wearing Bluetooth water resistant ear plugs designed for water, you might be able to do a work-around, answering calls from the headset.
    08-19-2019 03:35 PM
    If you are wearing Bluetooth water resistant ear plugs designed for water, you might be able to do a work-around, answering calls from the headset.
    If you have to wear bluetooth water resistant ear plus during activities you either (1) can't unplug from technology, which isn't healthy and may require professional help, or (2) you're a highly successful lawyer making 7 figures.
    nikkisharif and scruffypig like this.
    08-19-2019 04:51 PM