What’s your August Challenge? Will you succeed?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not doing this & I’m not even gonna worry about it I don’t work out everyday, so I would need at least 90 minutes on the days I do & that ain’t happening!

d0c6d470c73280780b66787001a1dfc9.jpg

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Definitely not doing this & I’m not even gonna worry about it I don’t work out everyday, so I would need at least 90 minutes on the days I do & that ain’t happening!

d0c6d470c73280780b66787001a1dfc9.jpg

That’s the amount of exercise minutes I normally get. The only reason why I’m able to complete it, is because I deliver mail 6 days a week and that’s my exercise.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I assume I’m doing pretty good so far. At the beginning of the month, I had do at least 10.78 miles per day, but almost 1/2 way through the month, I now need at least 7.91-8 miles a day now.

d7e6b4d0af3ee2bf61e66a7a168fbf36.jpg

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I didn't meet my challenges in May-July mostly due to travel, so I was hoping for something more reasonable for August. My August challenge is to double my daily move goal 17 times. Normally, I would consider that doable since my goal is to average a double. However, the chances just got much slimmer. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up with hip pain. Two weeks later, an MRI shows that I have a fractured right hip. I've learned that it's a fairly common injury for older runners. Now I'm facing 6-8 weeks of walking with a cane (absolutely no running) and then another 4+ weeks of PT. Needless to say, I'm a little bummed. Prior to the injury, I was on pace for a personal best in miles, and now I'll be lucky to finish the year with 75% of my annual goal. It sucks to get old!

Okay, I'm done whining now. :cool:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I didn't meet my challenges in May-July mostly due to travel, so I was hoping for something more reasonable for August. My August challenge is to double my daily move goal 17 times. Normally, I would consider that doable since my goal is to average a double. However, the chances just got much slimmer. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up with hip pain. Two weeks later, an MRI shows that I have a fractured right hip. I've learned that it's a fairly common injury for older runners. Now I'm facing 6-8 weeks of walking with a cane (absolutely no running) and then another 4+ weeks of PT. Needless to say, I'm a little bummed. Prior to the injury, I was on pace for a personal best in miles, and now I'll be lucky to finish the year with 75% of my annual goal. It sucks to get old!

Oh no! I’m so sorry!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Oh wow!!! Hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago, I woke up with hip pain. Two weeks later, an MRI shows that I have a fractured right hip. I've learned that it's a fairly common injury for older runners. Now I'm facing 6-8 weeks of walking with a cane (absolutely no running) and then another 4+ weeks of PT.

As a fellow "older runner", I spend every run thankful that I'm not dealing with something like that. I wish you a speedy recovery and a quick return to double move goals!

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I may have hit a wall with the monthly challenges. I've had the Apple Watch since March and have nailed the monthly challenge each of the months. Then August rolls around and I have to exercise for 1,617 minutes. Along with the daily activities, I also hit the treadmill for 30 minutes five days a week.

Even with activities such as going to the golf course, mowing the grass and other "extracurricular" activities I am only up to 870 minutes so far this month. Not sure I'm going to make it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73