Mishaps with our beloved Apple watches…

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So last night something pretty horrific happened to my Apple Watch. We had just had pizza from Papa John’s delivered. I was holding one of those little cups of garlic sauce in my left hand when I knocked my drink over with my right hand. I was desperately trying to catch the drink before it spilled all over the floor and tilted my left hand up, causing the garlic sauce to run down my arm and coat my watch with it’s greasy smelly mess. Needless to say profanity spilled from my lips like a sailor, I won’t quote myself but you get the idea. Of course my watch took priority over the floor. I ran to the kitchen peeled off the band peeled off my silicone case and proceeded to turn on the water and get the dawn and gently washed my watch off. My husband kept calling out is it OK is it OK is it OK? I dried it and then let it sit on a paper towel. My silicone band was slimy and greasy and I cleaned that up quite easily, thinking that I was at least lucky enough to have had a silicone band on and not a nylon sports loop band on! That would’ve been a different story. I then washed my TPU silicone cover and let it dry. I also turned the crown and tapped on the water lock activation icon.

Happily, the watch seems fine. I updated the software and I think I’m very lucky. But oh my goodness what a heart attack moment!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, the Watch is waterproof, so I doubt that any other substance would harm it. But it’s always nice to see that the watch takes preference over a floor or any furniture for that matter

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Wow talk about a moment of fear! My Apple Watch would definitely take precedence over a floor for sure. Glad everything is okay with your watch. Team @Annie_8plus saves the day!!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don’t worry about water, I’ve gone swimming with my Series 3 lol. Now if I accidentally bang my watch hard against something, I definitely have a minor panic moment. So far my aluminum Series 3 looks as good as the day I bought it though.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So last night something pretty horrific happened to my Apple Watch. We had just had pizza from Papa John’s delivered.

Yes, that can be a horrific experience, for both you and the watch.

Needless to say profanity spilled from my lips like a sailor, I won’t quote myself but you get the idea.

No, I don’t get the idea. Please enlighten us...

Happily, the watch seems fine. I updated the software and I think I’m very lucky. But oh my goodness what a heart attack moment!

Well I glad to hear that your watch is fine. :yes:

How’s it running on the updated software ? I’m thinking about updating mine this evening, even though I don’t usually screw with my devices while in second and third world countries.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that can be a horrific experience, for both you and the watch.

No, I don’t get the idea. Please enlighten us...

Well I glad to hear that your watch is fine. :yes:

How’s it running on the updated software ? I’m thinking about updating mine this evening, even though I don’t usually screw with my devices while in second and third world countries.

In regards to the profanity I called out when this happens it could also say that I dropped the F bomb! As far as the software update I’m happy to report that the watch is functioning quite well. I’m not noticing any issues nor any battery drain. I have not attempted to try and use the walkie-talkie yet but that’s not something that used a lot before although I really like the idea of its functionality.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro