Currently have the series 1 and looking to upgrade to a cellular module. The lack of speed of this 1 has finally pushed me to upgrade. Screen of the 4 is obviously great. Anything else I should consider? The 3 seems like a pretty good value right now, especially if I can get an open box at Best Buy. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    06-23-2019 03:49 PM
    I had to make this same decision a few months ago and decided to go with the series 3 simply because of the value. I just couldn’t wrap my mind around spending $500 for an Apple Watch.
    bgl321 likes this.
    06-23-2019 05:55 PM
    I had to make this same decision a few months ago and decided to go with the series 3 simply because of the value. I just couldn’t wrap my mind around spending $500 for an Apple Watch.
    Thanks. Assuming you are happy with your purchase? Much faster than the 1?
    06-23-2019 06:04 PM
    Currently have the series 1 and looking to upgrade to a cellular module. The lack of speed of this 1 has finally pushed me to upgrade. Screen of the 4 is obviously great. Anything else I should consider? The 3 seems like a pretty good value right now, especially if I can get an open box at Best Buy. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I went from the original series to the Series 3 a while back and the improvements in speed were night and day. When the Series 4 hit the stores, I went to check it out, but decided that, despite the new watch face and enhancements, it wasn’t enough to justify me upgrading from the Series 3. Having said that, if you’re going to get a new watch and keep it for several years before upgrading again then I recommend you get the latest model.

If you’re going to upgrade now and possibly upgrade next year then get a Series 3. Finally, if you’re going to use your new watch in the same manner you’re using your Series 1 then go with the Series 3 and save yourself some money.
    bgl321 likes this.
    06-23-2019 08:50 PM
    I went from the original series to the Series 3 a while back and the improvements in speed were night and day. When the Series 4 hit the stores, I went to check it out, but decided that, despite the new watch face and enhancements, it wasn’t enough to justify me upgrading from the Series 3. Having said that, if you’re going to get a new watch and keep it for several years before upgrading again then I recommend you get the latest model.

If you’re going to upgrade now and possibly upgrade next year then get a Series 3. Finally, if you’re going to use your new watch in the same manner you’re using your Series 1 then go with the Series 3 and save yourself some money.
    Thank you for the input! Very helpful!! I think I’m leaning towards the Series 3 right now. Probably better deals to be had for a great device.
    06-23-2019 11:06 PM
    I just ordered an open-box from Best Buy, 42mm, Series 3, Black Nike, Cellular, for $382 total. That includes Apple Care.
    ksassy and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-23-2019 11:29 PM
    Congratulations!

I have the Series 3 and I just love it. I got it a little over a year ago in April and have been very happy with it.
    bgl321 likes this.
    06-24-2019 10:33 AM
    Congrats on your Series 3! Enjoy the upgraded speed plus cellular!!
    bgl321 likes this.
    06-24-2019 02:07 PM
    If you intend to upgrade again within two years or so, I think the Series 3 is a better deal. Otherwise, either go with the Series 4 or wait until September and see what the Series 5 offers. The 4's price will probably fall once the 5 is out so you might want to wait for that reason alone.
    Just_Me_D and bgl321 like this.
    06-24-2019 03:47 PM
    Thank you for the input! Very helpful!! I think I’m leaning towards the Series 3 right now. Probably better deals to be had for a great device.
    You're very welcome, and congratulations on getting your new Series 3 Watch.......Enjoy it.
    bgl321 likes this.
    06-24-2019 08:42 PM
    If you intend to upgrade again within two years or so, I think the Series 3 is a better deal. Otherwise, either go with the Series 4 or wait until September and see what the Series 5 offers. The 4's price will probably fall once the 5 is out so you might want to wait for that reason alone.
    I will keep it for a a year or two. Went with the Series 3. It’s going to be a vast improvement from the Series 1 and more than $200 cheaper than the Series 4.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-24-2019 10:01 PM