(ask) do you really need screen protector and case for apple watch series 4 ?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi'

Just bought apple watch series 4 40 mm

Do you really need case and screen protector for this watch ?

Look into several case product, and it seems to be very bulky, and I'm not really into it

also tried to instal 1 screen protector, which makes my touch screen almost unusable

PS : I'm not a sport person, just use it as my daily watch, bumping my watch, well, that's unavoidable once in a while

so, do we really need these ?

If yes, what's the best thinnest case and best screen protector ?

thx

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don’t use a case or screen protector for mine & don’t plan on ever using either. The watch looks odd enough without it LOL. There are several users here that use both, so hopefully they’ll chime in soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use this type of case. It works great, but doesn’t add much bulk:

7693e87d6a52ff6a6e616b6d28e37437.jpg

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I use cases a lot. I use them more for changing the color and look of the watch rather than for the protection – LOL. I do have some clear cases that include the screen protector, but I find that it does interfere with the touch screen sensitivity a little bit. I’ve bought all of my accessories like that on Amazon.com.

This picture shows my watch with the black case on it. It’s flexible, thin, and very easy to get on and off. My watch is gold stainless steel, so you can see the difference it makes.

9f3b8cfd9166fb169e2afa5e5fc4eed1.jpg

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I think screen protectors and cases are a personal preference. For me I've never used anything on my Apple Watch Series 2 which I've now owned 2 years to date. No scratches and no dents. If there are any micro scratches you'd have to hold a light at an angle to see anything otherwise there's nothing visible to the naked eye. Trust me mine has been banged around a lot but it still looks great and works perfectly. So I'm team no screen protector and no case!!

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried one screen protector but it didn't look good at all. Now I'm using mine without any protection. I've got som hairline scratches but I don't care. I'm using it and some scratches will there bee. I protect my phone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It definitely is a personal choice. Just last night, I was taking my case off to clean it, and the watch flew out of my hand onto the hardwood floor. As you can imagine, my heart stopped. There's no way my Watch could have alerted me that I was having a heart issue because it was on the floor. So I dove to the floor and fished it out from under my chair. After going over it closely, it seems to be just fine. I've inspected it a half dozen times since then, and it still seems fine. Bottom line, my case wasn't on it, and it survived. Granted, it only fell about 1.5-2 ft max. I'm still going to use a case... because it just makes me feel better and more confident.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use cases a lot. I use them more for changing the color and look of the watch rather than for the protection – LOL. I do have some clear cases that include the screen protector, but I find that it does interfere with the touch screen sensitivity a little bit. I’ve bought all of my accessories like that on Amazon.com.

This picture shows my watch with the black case on it. It’s flexible, thin, and very easy to get on and off. My watch is gold stainless steel, so you can see the difference it makes.

9f3b8cfd9166fb169e2afa5e5fc4eed1.jpg

Love that combo, by the way. I haven't seen that color of Sashka bracelets before! :D

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Love that combo, by the way. I haven't seen that color of Sashka bracelets before! :D

I look at their website every day because if you don’t buy what you like then, chances are you won’t get it later! They do sell out fast. I was looking yesterday and saw a yellow one which they’ve never had before. I put it in my cart and continued looking. By the time I was ready to checkout, the yellow was gone.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had an Apple Watch since they first came out and never used a case or a screen protector. I have not had any damage although the watch (various models) has fallen on the floor from three or four feet without any observable damage. On the other hand, my father-in-law fell on his Model 1 watch about a year ago and cracked the screen. ANyway, really depends on your preference.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, for phone, i can bare to torture my phone without protection, it’s expensive LOL

Btw, is there anyway to set “always on” for the watch ? I’m new with this wearable thingy. Not quite used to it, usually i just glance to see the time. Now i cannot do that -_-

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Well, for phone, i can bare to torture my phone without protection, it’s expensive LOL

Btw, is there anyway to set “always on” for the watch ? I’m new with this wearable thingy. Not quite used to it, usually i just glance to see the time. Now i cannot do that -_-

Unfortunately there's no always on display for the Apple Watch. Maybe in the future they will add this feature but for now it's a no-go.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I am one who likes cover screen some myself. When I had a series 2 I had belting glass little square basically covered the flat part. I know this is for a series 4 but I got back into Apple Watch with series 3 wanted use bumper and protector to find out what I used in past belting doesn’t make anymore least I haven’t found it. So today I tried a 38mm protector on my 42 to some of the perfectionist out there it’s hideous. There is a bit of tiny bump since it’s a bit smaller solved by using a case/bumper. One thing I’ve learned is it went on much easier and my Spigen case goes right on no issues. So I’ll be staying with smaller size protectors. Sure some of my screen on edges is tiny bit exposed but when comes my stuff I’m careful and have Apple care. Might also be good method for series 4 owners lots of videos I have seen reviews I’ve read said that it’s been nightmare finding screen protectors for series 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2