New watch band colors

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
LOL Better you than me! :D I'm on a self-imposed spending moratorium at the moment... I have to confess that the Dragon Fruit band is testing my will power!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My favorite is the cornflower. I have two blue bands, but they are navy and royal. The cornflower is more of a powder or baby blue, and I have some shirts that would match well.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@wenrob I'm really digging that Dragon Fruit sport band color. Thanks for the IRL pics. The Cornflower reminds me of my Lilac Apple Watch sport band which is a light baby blue color that I purchased 2 years ago with the Cornflower being a slight shade or two darker. Still a nice color but my current Lilac sport band covers the light blue color family for me.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
@wenrob I'm really digging that Dragon Fruit sport band color. Thanks for the IRL pics. The Cornflower reminds me of my Lilac Apple Watch sport band which is a light baby blue color that I purchased 2 years ago with the Cornflower being a slight shade or two darker. Still a nice color but my current Lilac sport band covers the light blue color family for me.

I saw someone say that on another forum but to me right next to each other I think Lilac and Cornflower are quite different. Lilac has a very definite lavender lean IMO. I mean if you wear it with blue it’s going to look blue but if you wear it with purple you see the purple in it. I think I would call Cornflower a medium blue.

Here they are next to each other, Lilac on the left.
69c924f6388a739d8e7feae54b4d1947.jpg

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
You're right the Cornflower looks more of a medium blue and the Lilac has more of a lavender tone. I do wear the Lilac Apple Watch sport band with something baby blue and my Lavender Apple Watch sport band with something light purple. I've tried crossing the two and they don't match IMO. I guess it really depends on the shade of blue or purple it's next to. Interesting observations though. Thanks for sharing!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was given a VISA gift card as a thank you for taking mail in for friends for the last year or so. So, I have to confess buying 3 third-party bands off of Amazon last week. Two are floral, and one is a Nike Hyper Grape knock off. I like it well enough, but I would "like" to see it side by side with the real deal. But I'm also wary of doing so in case I'm really disappointed that my knock-off looks nothing like the authentic hyper grape sports loop band! LOL!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought so, but I wasn't going to act like the fun police! :D

That might not have been a bad thing

I was given a VISA gift card as a thank you for taking mail in for friends for the last year or so. So, I have to confess buying 3 third-party bands off of Amazon last week. Two are floral, and one is a Nike Hyper Grape knock off. I like it well enough, but I would "like" to see it side by side with the real deal. But I'm also wary of doing so in case I'm really disappointed that my knock-off looks nothing like the authentic hyper grape sports loop band! LOL!

Oooh nice!!! We’ll definitely need pics when you get them

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

I'll admit I've been spoiled from day one by genuine Apple Watch bands so anything 3rd party doesn't fit or feel the same IMO and believe me I tried to save money by not buying Apple bands. Every single knock off watch band I bought ended up returned or pawned off on a friend. Personally my advice don't bother comparing watch bands because you may be suckered into the Apple Watch band universe like me LOL!!

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I wonder when they’ll start releasing more colors designed towards men who don’t want to wear pastels or black. Is it too much to ask for a dark green or dark blue sport loop? Hell you cannot even get the brown leather watch strap anymore without paying for the Hermès straps.

I’m a female and I too have been wanting Apple to bring out more darker colors, especially a brown leather band.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It came & I love the color a lot...looks great with my nails Not sure how I feel about how light it makes the watch. It’s amazingly soft though, so I might have to get a few more for summer recreation. I cannot stand sweat, especially under my watch band Plus I don’t want to wear my Milanese Loop when I’m doing certain activities.

25b4a879ed67ee3773a731c2ad320a79.jpg
27553d52fcccb44d2eaa87ab936dceec.jpg
c5b74fdb29e87fec8e63a58d4a34c9ac.jpg

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It came & I love the color a lot...looks great with my nails Not sure how I feel about how light it makes the watch. It’s amazingly soft though, so I might have to get a few more for summer recreation. I cannot stand sweat, especially under my watch band Plus I don’t want to wear my Milanese Loop when I’m doing certain activities.

And I just ordered the same band! The phone case will have to wait. I blame you for this Nikki

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Oh wow! That’s looks even better than the stock photo. This is not helping me resist!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods