What is your June Challenge? Will you succeed?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Here we go with Apple upping the ante on me every other month Challenge accepted and we’ll see how I fair at the end of the month

I think you're on to something. The more success you have at meeting the challenges, the more likely you are to get one that's unreasonable. I haven't missed two months in a row since the challenges started, but I don't think there is any way I'll make my June challenge which is 256.5 miles. Really?!? 8.55 miles per day?!? I'd have to quit work and just run/walk all day.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I think you're on to something. The more success you have at meeting the challenges, the more likely you are to get one that's unreasonable. I haven't missed two months in a row since the challenges started, but I don't think there is any way I'll make my June challenge which is 256.5 miles. Really?!? 8.55 miles per day?!? I'd have to quit work and just run/walk all day.

I’ll trade challenges with you. Mine is 341 miles at 11.5 miles per day.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@staceymj86 nah you can keep that challenge LOL! I'm already behind on mine since I'm suppose to run or walk 7.25 miles per day with no break. Not sure if I'll make my June challenge as I'm off to a rocky start so far sigh! I'm still gonna try though and see if I can put in a two-a-day run here and there to catch up. So it won't be for a lack of trying on my part. Will see where the dice fall for me by the end of the month.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Almost a week in, and I’m behind pace. Apparently, my bosses think they pay me to drive a truck, for some reason.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I agree. In February, I was supposed to go 80.9 miles. I got the flu and was down for several days so I ended up not completing the challenge. This month, my challenge is to go 72.9 miles. So because I failed in February, my goal is less this month.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
@tcuprof and @Annie_8plus so basically I need to stop succeeding on my challenges so Apple will lower my goals...may need to do this soon so I can get a bit of a break!!

That's really rather horrible, isn't it? I would hate that if that was true. I mean that it's one thing to challenge people to continue striving to improve, but everyone reaches a limit or needs a break.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I’ll trade challenges with you. Mine is 341 miles at 11.5 miles per day.

Yikes! If your challenge is 11.5 miles per day, then your activity history must suggest you can and have done that, to which I say WOW! I'm an every day runner, but you must be a marathoner! If you can get 341 miles, that would be awesome. Of course, it also means you'll get a challenge of 400 miles for July. :laughing:

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
@tcuprof and @Annie_8plus so basically I need to stop succeeding on my challenges so Apple will lower my goals...may need to do this soon so I can get a bit of a break!!

Well maybe it will work that way. I didn't make my May goal, I won't make my June goal, and since I'm traveling a big chunk of July, I probably won't make that either. So my August goal should be really easy!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well maybe it will work that way. I didn't make my May goal, I won't make my June goal, and since I'm traveling a big chunk of July, I probably won't make that either. So my August goal should be really easy!

If only. I haven't made one since December, just missed most months, and I'm still getting challenging challenges.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If only. I haven't made one since December, just missed most months, and I'm still getting challenging challenges.

Move your butt more. Especially with it now being spring there is not much reason to spend your free days at home. Unless you’re into Netflix and Chill like me. Then it’s okay

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Move your butt more. Especially with it now being spring there is not much reason to spend your free days at home. Unless you’re into Netflix and Chill like me. Then it’s okay

It'd be hard to move more. I average 1:15/day or workouts; I've missed 9 days this year, mostly because of travel, when I am walking a lot anyway. If I did any more I'd be sick.

I prefer to think that Apple is really, really good at just barely over-estimating my activity level every month.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Yikes! If your challenge is 11.5 miles per day, then your activity history must suggest you can and have done that, to which I say WOW! I'm an every day runner, but you must be a marathoner! If you can get 341 miles, that would be awesome. Of course, it also means you'll get a challenge of 400 miles for July. :laughing:

I’m a letter carrier for USPS, and walk 10-15 miles on the days I work which is anywhere from 6-9 days before I have a day off. On some days I have made it to 30k steps (before work and after work steps).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m a letter carrier for USPS, and walk 10-15 miles on the days I work which is anywhere from 6-9 days before I have a day off. On some days I have made it to 30k steps (before work and after work steps).

Holy Moly, that's a lot of steps!!! Which workout do you select when starting your route?

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
You could be getting fun work-out related awards :D

. I told myself yesterday to start a workout for when I’m walking. I walk at work from 10:30am-6pm. The amount of sitting I do is equal to 45 minutes to an hour. At home I’m chasing behind my kids and cleaning up, so by the end of the day I have a total of 15k-30k steps.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I may or may not make it this month. I still need 565 workout hours to get the award but I’ve noticed that because I want to get the award I’m working out on days I should probably be resting because or aches and pains. I really wish there was a mulligan option. Remove two days from the equation and recalculate the progress needed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW