Battery Life

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I knew going into things that the Apple Watch didn't have stellar battery life, but it seems to be draining power faster than normal. At the end of the day, I have about 25% power left.

I did update to 5.1.3 and understand it may take a few days for battery performance to settle down.

Additionally, I've miminize the notifications to just the basics, reduced the screen brightness to a minimum, turned off the option to wake the watch when I lift my wrist and only have to complications running in the background. I do use the workout app once a day to track my 40 minute indoor run (no GPS).

Is there anything else I'm missing to help stretch the battery life further.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
That's about where mine is around 10 pm or so. I'm on 5.1.3 also currently at
650d810a0d2e384cbabaccfa51da4081.jpg
f3581e8c1dcbe7a4882b07463834ddd9.jpg

Watch has been off of charger since 7am. My Gen 0 apple watch performed pretty much the same and that was since reviving it from preorder until the last month of me having it before receiving the series 4. So I guess really depends on your usage.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How often are you relatively far away from your iPhone? I believe that I have found in the past that when I have long stretches of time when the iPhone is away from me when I am wearing the watch, but still close enough to be in Bluetooth range, that the watch battery has drained faster. (S2, but the concept is the same.)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Do a reboot of your Apple Watch, hold down the side button and Digital Crown until the Apple logo appears. Sometimes watchOS is a little sketchy when it gets installed. A reboot generally fixes it.

George Ponder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How often are you relatively far away from your iPhone?

The phone is usually close by.

I am trying to remember to hit the Do Not Disturb button when the phone is within eye shot for extended periods of time. Not sure if that saves any power, but figured it couldn't hurt.

Took the watch off the charger at 6:00am this morning and at 5:30pm, the battery is reading 54%. I still have my workout to contend with and suspect when I go to bed at 10:00pm, the battery will be around 30% maybe(?).

If that holds true, performance will be better than the past few days. Not expecting miracles but wouldn't mind getting to the point where I can get two days of life out of a charge. Hoping that in another day or so the progress will continue and I'll get there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2