Apple Watch series 4, 5.1.3 battery drain?

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I updated to watchOS 5.1.3 yesterday and have terrible battery life today. Did a full reset and restore and still appears to be draining fast. 3% plus per hour. Prior to this it was less than 2% per hour. Anyone else having drain?

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
After the reset and restarting both phone and watch, I’m seeing some improvement today. May have just been a misbehaving app for me.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
When you upgrade the OS, the device does a reindex. This can take a day or two. Do not worry about battery life until the third day after an upgrade.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don’t see any noticeable difference and that includes increasing the notifications I allow from Office 365.

The watch, my phone, and two Macs with the just released OS updates all seem fine.

We use Office 365 extensively meaning the collaboration tools, Teams, tasking, Planner etc.... Those latest updates don’t seem to be taking a toll on battery life either. Point being you can be more dependent on your Watch vs the phone in your work day.

Basically everything seems fine here.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I updated my software Monday night. Tuesday morning, a few miles in to my run, I got the message that the battery was down to 10%!!! After the run, I put the watch back on the charger. Ken's explanation of a re-index process would explain why after a couple of cycles, I'm back to the same excellent battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73