Apple Watch Series 6 deals at Amazon: Starting at $329!

I recently had a Series 4 on Verizon. I just switched to AT&T and I got it activated with the info on the bottom of the box.

The watch itself shows “no sim” and “no plan” and my iPhone on the watch app shows the option to “add a plan” and “remove AT&T plan”

So I’m stuck?

FYI: my Verizon online account still shows it active, it isn’t set to disconnect until the 25th. I’m betting that is the problem.
    01-15-2019 11:26 AM
    I will share my experience. My Series 3 watch was originally activated on AT&T’s network and worked without a problem. I opted to drop my overall AT&T account and go back to Verizon, of which I had maintained with a different iPhone.

I ported over the numbers associated with both my iPhone and Watch. The phone worked immediately, but the Watch didn’t. No matter what we did, the watch would not activate on Verizon’s network. The situation was escalated to Apple and they were willing to send me a new series 3 watch.

I told Verizon to remove the Watch from my account because I had a hunch about how to make it work. They complied. Five minutes later, I went through the watch activation process and voila! It worked and has been working ever since.

Apparently, porting the number over from AT&T was the problem.

Hopefully, my experience will help you. Take care.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 01-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    01-15-2019 11:47 AM
    I didn’t port the number though. For that mere fact

Did you reset your watch and then go through the setup?
    01-15-2019 11:50 AM
    I will share my experience. My Series 3 watch was originally activated in AT&T’s network and worked without a problem. I opted to drop my overall AT&T account and go back to Verizon, of which I had maintained with a different iPhone.

I ported the number associated with both my iPhone and watch over to Verizon. The phone worked immediately, but the Watch didn’t. No matter what we did, the watch would not activate on Verizon’s network. The situation was escaped to Apple and they were willing to send me a new series 3 watch.

I told Verizon to remove the watch from my account because I had a hunch about how to make it work. They complied. Five minutes later, I went through the watch activation process and voila! It worked and has been working ever since.

Apparently, porting the number over from AT&T was the problem.

Hopefully, my experience will help you. Take care.
    So I went into my watch app on my phone and selected remove all cellular plans. Then went to setup, which ran me through “Number Sync” and bam watch is now active!

Thank you for that tip
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-15-2019 11:59 AM
    So I went into my watch app on my phone and selected remove all cellular plans. Then went to setup, which ran me through “Number Sync” and bam watch is now active!

Thank you for that tip
    Outstanding! Sorry for the slow reply. I’m actually in an all-day meeting so I can only check the Forums periodically. Anyway, I’m glad your watch is now activated on your cellular network. Take care and enjoy your evening.
    01-15-2019 12:49 PM