Too late.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I did not have a new watch in mind but my Series 2 went whacko 5 days before the AppleCare was up.

Thanks to wanting a year of closing the rings I got a 4 before handing the flaky watch over for the service trip.

So far I recognize the extra screen real estate but the Nike+ stuff and starting fresh vs restore is an annoyance. I'll dig into config and customization later before I sincerely think any change is an annoyance.

Why Nike? I already had a white plastic band, the reflective one might be nice, and I'm sure my wife and daughter will like the Nike loop band.

The LTE should be nice for my work life that's pretty much always being on call. I'm already dreaming of leaving home without the phone.

:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations! I hope you continue to enjoy your new Watch Series 4...

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all.

I accomplished my main and costly goal - keeping my close the rings streak going before sending the old watch in.

A busy day had me daft to the new watch not having latest software - a surprise because I always expect Apple Store to have fresh inventory and it's holiday time. With software update done I have EKG.

It looks like default watch face and face management has changed since the last time I spent any time with it. I'll get those first world problems sorted out.

One immediate joy was seeing speed differences from Series 2 to 4 with sync and the Abvio exercise app I use. Another is the watch (and Max phone) was expensive but it's a treat for my almost 60 year old eyes. It fit in a shirt cuff much like my Series 2 and a quick glance is easier reading.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ConGrats. I'm seriously thinking about getting a new series 4  watch, however there are a couple of other thing I must purchase first.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
ConGrats. I'm seriously thinking about getting a new series 4  watch, however there are a couple of other thing I must purchase first.

What do you have now and age come to mind. What activities do you do? The Series 4 is really nice on my eyes in general but now I also see the readout during action sports is great. An app that was no longer always reliable with my 2 (Abvio) is fast with the 4 but also the 3s in our family.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What do you have now and age come to mind. What activities do you do? The Series 4 is really nice on my eyes in general but now I also see the readout during action sports is great. An app that was no longer always reliable with my 2 (Abvio) is fast with the 4 but also the 3s in our family.

Honesty...I think I want the series 4 because it's the latest and greatest version of the  Watch...LOL. iMore has a lot to do with this...LOL

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Honesty...I think I want the series 4 because it's the latest and greatest version of the  Watch...LOL. iMore has a lot to do with this...LOL

With (and liking) the Max phone and 4 watch I'm starting to think the phone is toward ultimate evolution but the Series 4 truly has the watch as ready for prime time, what the watch should have been.

Basically I think the Series 2 is what the first should have been, and price aside, everyone should be impressed with the 4.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I did not have a new watch in mind but my Series 2 went whacko 5 days before the AppleCare was up.

Thanks to wanting a year of closing the rings I got a 4 before handing the flaky watch over for the service trip.

So far I recognize the extra screen real estate but the Nike+ stuff and starting fresh vs restore is an annoyance. I'll dig into config and customization later before I sincerely think any change is an annoyance.

Why Nike? I already had a white plastic band, the reflective one might be nice, and I'm sure my wife and daughter will like the Nike loop band.

The LTE should be nice for my work life that's pretty much always being on call. I'm already dreaming of leaving home without the phone.

:)

I sometimes run errands and like it. Love when I am walking. It’s great

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes run errands and like it. Love when I am walking. It’s great

I'm well into using the LTE feature now. In reality that's just short periods of the week but it really makes a difference for my life of being on call most of the time. If I know earlier I'd be telling everyone to get LTE starting with the series 3!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree wholeheartedly! I can’t imagine life without it! And since I got my watch, my sister and nephew have gotten their own! They love them as much as I do!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2