Is the Apple Watch Series 3 still a good choice to buy?

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
I need help as a non Apple Watch owner. I opened up the Nest Buy app on my phone to see the 42 series 3 for $259. I don’t want to spend an extra $170 on a series 4 and am wondering if the 3 is still a good purchase. I don’t care about the heart monitor or newer features enough to pay nearly $200 extra. How long do you think it’ll work? Lastly is there a difference between the Nike and regular as I like the band. Do I lose out on any regular faces or features doing the Nike?
Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch 3 Mistake?

I need help as a non Apple Watch owner. I opened up the Nest Buy app on my phone to see the 42 series 3 for $259. I don’t want to spend an extra $170 on a series 4 and am wondering if the 3 is still a good purchase. I don’t care about the heart monitor or newer features enough to pay nearly $200 extra. How long do you think it’ll work? Lastly is there a difference between the Nike and regular as I like the band. Do I lose out on any regular faces or features doing the Nike?
Thanks and Happy Holidays.

The Nike edition has everything that the normal version has and some additional stuff like special watch faces and the band it comes with.

The series 3 will likely last another year or 3 before it doesn’t get any watchOS updates. The speed difference is there but nothing much to worry about.

Take it with someone having the series 3 and also tried out the series 4 you won’t miss much.

Just enjoy your series 3 and holler at us if you have any further questions.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The Nike edition has everything that the normal version has and some additional stuff like special watch faces and the band it comes with.

The series 3 will likely last another year or 3 before it doesn’t get any watchOS updates. The speed difference is there but nothing much to worry about.

Take it with someone having the series 3 and also tried out the series 4 you won’t miss much.

Just enjoy your series 3 and holler at us if you have any further questions.

This is exactly right! There are plenty of folks who are just now upgrading from their series 1, so I expect the series 3 will last at least 2-3 more years.

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my wife and daughter with 3s don't get the occasionally painfully slow moments my 2 had.

Performance with the basic built in apps always seems fine no matter what watch you have.

Now that I have a 4 and configured the faces I also have to admit it is REALLY nice. My assessment is they're all good for the basics. Each buyer has to face this tough first world problem with courage and not look back.

:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner