Has anyone had to use their Apple Care+ on their watch?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I’m trying to decide whether or not to get it on my new S4 (when I get it!). I got it on my previous two Apple watches and never had to use it. I hate to spend the money for nothing!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m trying to decide whether or not to get it on my new S4 (when I get it!). I got it on my previous two Apple watches and never had to use it. I hate to spend the money for nothing!

I scratched my screen a little. It’s not visible under normal daylight, especially with these dark winter days but under direct sunlight I can see it, which annoys me.
I’m waiting for it to scratch a little more or when I get really really annoyed that I have to have it replaced.
One thing is for sure, I don’t regret having paid for AppleCare+

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, and AppleCare+ runs out on my S2 in about 10 days. But I still don't regret having it. I'm pretty sure that I'll get it again.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used it in the past. My digital crown malfunctioned once and another time my battery failed. Both times they sent my watch out for service and then ended up sending me a brand new unit.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I've used it in the past. My digital crown malfunctioned once and another time my battery failed. Both times they sent my watch out for service and then ended up sending me a brand new unit.

I guess mostly I was thinking about accidental damages but what you described could happen to anybody! I will probably get the AppleCare+ for the new watch

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My wife has 2x via broken screens.

My Series 2 when unreliable while I was out of the country last week and just shipped in with 5 days of AppleCare left. I bought a new Series 4 so did not exercise the fee-based fast replacement. The Series 2 was fine and all of a sudden had spots of the screen unresponsive and lost any reasonable battery life. It was/is in good physical shape but did have constant use in outdoor sports and a lot of physical activity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77