OMG, I think I’m going to get a series 4

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I’m not giving up my white ceramic series 3 but I’m going to get a series 4 also! I think it’s going to be the Nike+ edition. I’m going to go to the Apple Store next week to see them in person and then I’ll make my decision - LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not giving up my white ceramic series 3 but I’m going to get a series 4 also! I think it’s going to be the Nike+ edition. I’m going to go to the Apple Store next week to see them in person and then I’ll make my decision - LOL

What is driving you to consider getting a Series 3, if you don’t mind me asking?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
What is driving you to consider getting a Series 3, if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve been doing research and reading a lot of the posts on here about the series 4. And I’m also really interested in the ECG capability. And to a lesser degree the fall detection. Plus I am just a tech junkie and like having the latest innovations!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

What would be the reason to hold onto your Series 3? I'm pretty sure Apple has a trade-in program where you could give it to them and take some off the price of the Series 4.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
What would be the reason to hold onto your Series 3? I'm pretty sure Apple has a trade-in program where you could give it to them and take some off the price of the Series 4.

Because I paid $1300 for it and the most Apple gives back on a trade-in is $175. I’d rather keep it as a spare!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I’ve been doing research and reading a lot of the posts on here about the series 4. And I’m also really interested in the ECG capability. And to a lesser degree the fall detection. Plus I am just a tech junkie and like having the latest innovations!

I say go for it. My wife is a cardiac nurse on a hospital unit that does a lot of the multi-lead heart monitoring and even she was pretty impressed by the ECG app. It's definitely nowhere near as good as a real multi-lead EKG but it's good enough that you can actually look and see the different waves at least enough to see if they're there.........apparently if the various waves are/aren't there mean different things along with the measurements on amplitude and length. For instance for AFib she told me a particular wave that shows as a little bump right before the big one is typically missing along with the randomness of the beats occurring. If you're still and get a clear reading with the watch app, you can see them all.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I say go for it. My wife is a cardiac nurse on a hospital unit that does a lot of the multi-lead heart monitoring and even she was pretty impressed by the ECG app. It's definitely nowhere near as good as a real multi-lead EKG but it's good enough that you can actually look and see the different waves at least enough to see if they're there.........apparently if the various waves are/aren't there mean different things along with the measurements on amplitude and length. For instance for AFib she told me a particular wave that shows as a little bump right before the big one is typically missing along with the randomness of the beats occurring. If you're still and get a clear reading with the watch app, you can see them all.

My electrophysiologist was impressed when we did one on my s4 after doing an actual EKG. I'm 6 weeks post ablasion and glad to have this capability

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My electrophysiologist was impressed when we did one on my s4 after doing an actual EKG. I'm 6 weeks post ablasion and glad to have this capability

Congrats I'm going on 18 months now. Been just about the longest with no issues since the first episode 3 1/2 years ago. Only had a couple but they were crazy enough that they decided to do ablation and not bother with the horrible rhythm meds.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Congrats I'm going on 18 months now. Been just about the longest with no issues since the first episode 3 1/2 years ago. Only had a couple but they were crazy enough that they decided to do ablation and not bother with the horrible rhythm meds.

Lol! I’m on the crazy rhythm meds, but it’s hard to get a cardiologist to take a woman’s heart problems seriously. I’ve had this so bad for years that it would go on for hours and my jaws would burn. My family doc (woman) had me in a month long monitoring contraption that caught one - and definitely not one of the worst - and she called and said get to the emergency room. Even then the cardiologist was like, well guess we’ll try some meds, but are you sure you’re not just upset about something?
As long and bad as I’ve had this I’m probably already set up for a stroke someday.
But complaints aside, this is why I got this watch and I’m glad to have it! Thanks Apple!!

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Lol! I’m on the crazy rhythm meds, but it’s hard to get a cardiologist to take a woman’s heart problems seriously. I’ve had this so bad for years that it would go on for hours and my jaws would burn. My family doc (woman) had me in a month long monitoring contraption that caught one - and definitely not one of the worst - and she called and said get to the emergency room. Even then the cardiologist was like, well guess we’ll try some meds, but are you sure you’re not just upset about something?
As long and bad as I’ve had this I’m probably already set up for a stroke someday.
But complaints aside, this is why I got this watch and I’m glad to have it! Thanks Apple!!

Wow- get a new cardiologist -it seems they aren't listening to you