The Watch is allegedly the top selling “watch”, regardless of brand.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read that the Watch is “...now the top-selling brand across the watch market as a whole.” With that in mind, will it sway those of you reluctant to part from your traditional watch to get an Watch?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought Series 3 did a good job of presenting the best watch out there on the market. Then came Series 4 and I was very close to trade my Series 3 in for a 4 but decided not to at the last minute.

I’m sure with whatever Series 5 brings, doubters, skeptics and the likes will also take a liking and Apple will sell even more watches.

Time will tell.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's nice because it offers quite a bit more functionality than traditional watches. I was never a watch guy but the Apple Watch add value to my day that traditional watches otherwise didn't. My wife wasn't a watch person either but now loves her Apple Watch. These are the types of stories that I think Apple (and I'd imagine other smartwatch makers) can really capitalize on. They offer something that watches otherwise didn't.

As Apple continues to implement more health conscious features, I'm sure adoption will continue to grow. I'd bet they'd see even greater success if they open compatibility with other operating systems.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought Series 3 did a good job of presenting the best watch out there on the market. Then came Series 4 and I was very close to trade my Series 3 in for a 4 but decided not to at the last minute.

I’m sure with whatever Series 5 brings, doubters, skeptics and the likes will also take a liking and Apple will sell even more watches.

Time will tell.

The Series 4 is an awesome smart watch and although it’s a little tempting, it doesn’t offer enough for me to upgrade from my Series 3.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's nice because it offers quite a bit more functionality than traditional watches. I was never a watch guy but the Apple Watch add value to my day that traditional watches otherwise didn't. My wife wasn't a watch person either but now loves her Apple Watch. These are the types of stories that I think Apple (and I'd imagine other smartwatch makers) can really capitalize on. They offer something that watches otherwise didn't.

As Apple continues to implement more health conscious features, I'm sure adoption will continue to grow. I'd bet they'd see even greater success if they open compatibility with other operating systems.

I’ve worn a watch since I was about 7 years old so I’d feel lost without seeing one on my wrist. The Watch is just icing on the cake for me. I love using it and it’s very practical in my life.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't even own a watch that I wear outside the house since getting my first Apple watch. My other watches are used while getting dressed for work in the AM.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
...’seeing one IN your wrist’...???
Now that’s got to be quite some ‘procedure’ to have on and off of your wrist each day...
;-)
I get tripped up by auto(mis)correct all the time myself...

I for one would love to have a watch implanted in my wrist.
-That way you’ll get 100% accurate HR readings
-the blood flow will charge the watch, so no more taking it on and off to charge.
-You can read your blood glucose and other stuff.

I’d be first in line to get one.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used to wear watches all the time and then stopped.... until I got my Apple Watch. I can't imagine not wearing one now! And the only watch that will do is an Apple Watch. My sister just got one for her birthday in October. We were all together last night at my cousin's house and she didn't have it on. I expressed my "horror" that she had left it at home. She thinks I'm a nut!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't even own a watch that I wear outside the house since getting my first Apple watch. My other watches are used while getting dressed for work in the AM.

Same here. My non-smart watches are nowhere to be found...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...’seeing one IN your wrist’...???
Now that’s got to be quite some ‘procedure’ to have on and off of your wrist each day...
;-)
I get tripped up by auto(mis)correct all the time myself...

(Laughing)...That’s messed up!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s not really surprising to me, given the usefulness of the Apple Watch. The first one was a game changer, I was using a Pebble Steel until I got the Apple Watch. I really could see myself not using one at this point.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No.
I am a mechanical watch enthusiast. I love the mechanical workings of a real watch. The craftsmanship (most of mine are made by real watch makers in Germany), their ability to create and store energy so they never need winding (automatic) or the tactile feel of a hand wound watch, the amazement of how the dozens of moving parts work in unison to capture time and also how they defy modern technological advancements.
Let's face it, they are less accurate than quartz and digital devices and are expensive due to the labor required to build them, but I will continue to wear one because it somehow makes me feel what I am carrying will not be thrown away in a couple of years for the "next best" thing.
Just my 2 cents.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No.
I am a mechanical watch enthusiast. I love the mechanical workings of a real watch. The craftsmanship (most of mine are made by real watch makers in Germany), their ability to create and store energy so they never need winding (automatic) or the tactile feel of a hand wound watch, the amazement of how the dozens of moving parts work in unison to capture time and also how they defy modern technological advancements.
Let's face it, they are less accurate than quartz and digital devices and are expensive due to the labor required to build them, but I will continue to wear one because it somehow makes me feel what I am carrying will not be thrown away in a couple of years for the "next best" thing.
Just my 2 cents.

I still wear my mechanicals too. I like my Apple Watch, but only for closing my rings lol. I found the notifications to be annoying as heck, so I’ve been turning them off🤷🏾*♀️ I’ve been trying to not be annoyed by them but I can’t lol.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I still wear my mechanicals too. I like my Apple Watch, but only for closing my rings lol. I found the notifications to be annoying as heck, so I’ve been turning them off* I’ve been trying to not be annoyed by them but I can’t lol.

I understand people like the Apple Watch. To me it’s just too much, as you said. It’s nice not to be connected all the time.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I returned my Series 4 Apple Watch because I found it rather silly to own something that does all the same things my phone does. And I didn't like getting every notification on my wrist.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I read that the Watch is “...now the top-selling brand across the watch market as a whole.” With that in mind, will it sway those of you reluctant to part from your traditional watch to get an Watch?

I never bought any watch because it was popular. I bought one because I liked it more than the others I was looking at. And I did buy an Apple Watch, but for the functionality, not the popularity. (Same with the iPhone - because of Apple's mostly great support, which you just don't get from anyone else. Same with the Mac - though that was more MacOS over Windows than hardware.)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm not surprised at all. I've always worn a traditional watch daily so I feel naked without something on my arm that tells time. My Rolex and Cartier watches are only worn for nice occasions. I bought the Apple Watch strictly for the fitness aspect so everything else it offers is a bonus to me. It's my fav Apple product by far!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh