The Watch is allegedly the top selling “watch”, regardless of brand.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm around college students most days and it has been amazing to see so many start wearing an Apple Watch when the vast majority had previously not worn a watch at all.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I wore a watch everyday since I was about 10. I loved changing my watch to match my mood. Then I got my first cell phone and stopped wearing them. I now own 3 Apple Watches! I love still being connected without having to worry about where my phone is every minute. And the bonus is unlike traditional watches there are soooo many ways to customize your watch with minimal effort. Just my 2 cents!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wore a watch everyday since I was about 10. I loved changing my watch to match my mood. Then I got my first cell phone and stopped wearing them. I now own 3 Apple Watches! I love still being connected without having to worry about where my phone is every minute. And the bonus is unlike traditional watches there are soooo many ways to customize your watch with minimal effort. Just my 2 cents!

I have one child remaining that’s not an adult, but he is a teen. Over the years, I’ve gotten all of them a watch or two and each one of them would wear it for a short period of time and then stop wearing it altogether. Granted, these are watches they asked me to buy them. To them, a watch is a waste of time because they can simply look at their iPhone.

For me, however, I can be looking directly at my iPhone’s display and still check my Watch for the time. It’s automatic! I mean, like you, I’ve been wearing a watch for almost my entire life and I’m in my mid-50’s. I suppose it’s a generational thing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have one child remaining that’s not an adult, but he is a teen. Over the years, I’ve gotten all of them a watch or two and each one of them would wear it for a short period of time and then stop wearing it altogether. Granted, these are watches they asked me to buy them. To them, a watch is a waste of time because they can simply look at their iPhone.

For me, however, I can be looking directly at my iPhone’s display and still check my Watch for the time. It’s automatic! I mean, like you, I’ve been wearing a watch for almost my entire life and I’m in my mid-50’s. I suppose it’s a generational thing.

I still don’t understand why people think it’s just as easy to pull a phone out of a pocket or a bag to check the time over glancing at a watch on your wrist. My grandfather's generation switched from pocket watches to wristwatches mostly for that reason. Are we regressing?

(Also have been wearing a wristwatch daily for almost 50 years.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still don’t understand why people think it’s just as easy to pull a phone out of a pocket or a bag to check the time over glancing at a watch on your wrist.
I know, right?...(laughing)
My grandfather's generation switched from pocket watches to wristwatches mostly for that reason.
Same here.
Are we regressing?

In some ways, I think we are regressing.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I still don’t understand why people think it’s just as easy to pull a phone out of a pocket or a bag to check the time over glancing at a watch on your wrist. My grandfather's generation switched from pocket watches to wristwatches mostly for that reason. Are we regressing?

I don't get it either but maybe it's what you get used to. Im 57 and have been wearing a watch all my life so I automatically glance at my wrist.
Today I'm wearing my Hamilton khaki mechanical which is based on the military watches of the Vietnam Era. I wonder if military people want to reach into their pockets as they're being attacked to check the time? That's why they went from pocket watches to wrist watches. I know, an extreme example, but it shows sometimes the old ways still work best.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure the word "watch" fits anymore:

*a small timepiece worn typically on a strap on one's wrist

Today's "watches" also tell time. LOL

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I started wearing smart watches on Samsung and past 3.5 years on Apple. 2,3, and now the 4.
The best is definitely Apple
I don’t wear any other watch. Regular watch does not work for me anymore

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I read that the Watch is “...now the top-selling brand across the watch market as a whole.” With that in mind, will it sway those of you reluctant to part from your traditional watch to get an Watch?

I have a whole drawer of mechanical watches, some more expensive than the Apple Watch. I could switch off and wear them once in a while, but I would feel lost, now having invested myself into using the Apple Watch.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate my  Watch. It has caused a lot of confusion in my Jewelry draw with my other watches as they sit there wondering why they haven't seen the light of day in quite a while....LOL

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I love my watch too! Have you ever forgotten to put it on, and gotten as far as a mile away from home when you realized... and then turned back to get it, just because you couldn't bear to be without it... not to mention losing all the activity minutes? I have. And I turned around to go back home and get it... much to my husband's dismay. Yeah, I love my watch!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I hate my  Watch. It has caused a lot of confusion in my Jewelry draw with my other watches as they sit there wondering why they haven't seen the light of day in quite a while....LOL

Same here! My poor Rolex and Cartier watches are dying a slow death from neglect. I see them in my jewelry box daily but they're passed over on a regular.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
With that in mind, will it sway those of you reluctant to part from your traditional watch to get an Watch?
I have several high-end Swiss watches, and they are a hobby of mine much like firearms and tech. I am looking at an AWS4 to wear while I am at work, but it will not replace my traditional watches.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

I went through this phase as well, and eventually went back to my high-end Swiss watches and a fitness tracker due to a job I had where I couldn't wear a smartwatch. Now I have another job and I am looking at adding an AWS4 to my collection.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen