WatchOS 5.1.1 bricked my Series 4.

YvanLamontagne

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
I should have known better. My new Apple Watch series 4 was working fine with WatchOS 5.1. After seeing that a new update (WatchOS 5.1.1) corrected bricking of some watches running under WatchOS 5.1 I downloaded and installed the latter update. Now I can't place or receive phones calls from the watch because the Apple logo appears on the screen the moment I touch the connect button. Well done Apple.

I verified that the cellular network was activated and it was. I phoned Apple and after many attempts through settings they gave up on a solution. They tell me that the problem is probably related to the watch hardware. I doubt that the hardware is at fault because the problem's appearance coincided with the installation of 5.1.1. Wait for WatchOS 5.1.2 or return the watch for repairs and fear of receiving a watch case that shows scratches. What would you do?

Thanks for reading!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I should have known better. My new Apple Watch series 4 was working fine with WatchOS 5.1. After seeing that a new update (WatchOS 5.1.1) corrected bricking of some watches running under WatchOS 5.1 I downloaded and installed the latter update. Now I can't place or receive phones calls from the watch because the Apple logo appears on the screen the moment I touch the connect button. Well done Apple.

I verified that the cellular network was activated and it was. I phoned Apple and after many attempts through settings they gave up on a solution. They tell me that the problem is probably related to the watch hardware. I doubt that the hardware is at fault because the problem's appearance coincided with the installation of 5.1.1. Wait for WatchOS 5.1.2 or return the watch for repairs and fear of receiving a watch case that shows scratches. What would you do?

Thanks for reading!

I highly doubt your  watch is bricked. Reboot the  watch and allow it to boot to its lock screen. If that doesn’t fix the problem, take it to the nearest Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73