I'm looking for a weather app with a Watch complication.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use BeWeather2 weather app on my Apple Watch. It takes a little time for the custom weather sets to load but the weather is accurate to the iPhone app.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Another vote for Carrot Weather. Yes, it's subscription based, but worth it. Plus, it's the only weather app that, for me, updates location on watch consistently and accurately.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got Carrot and didn't see any setting for temperature in a badge. This may require Notifications which requires a subscription.

I have too many as it is, so no to Carrot and no more.

I have the subscription and don't see a temp badge for the icon.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love weather related everything, I just can’t pay for a subscription. I also refuse to pay for apps...so I’m sure that’s my downfall🤣 It does make me think that I should have created a subscription weather app

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
As much as I love weather related everything, I just can’t pay for a subscription. I also refuse to pay for apps...so I’m sure that’s my downfall?????? It does make me think that I should have created a subscription weather app

I can't stand ads in my apps so I'll pay or use something else. Some apps I will sub but some I'm content with what they offer out of the box.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand ads in my apps so I'll pay or use something else. Some apps I will sub but some I'm content with what they offer out of the box.

Fortunately, I don’t have any ads in my apps. Plus I don’t really use any apps that have ads in them. Shopping apps don’t contain outside product advertisements🤣 When it comes to weather apps, I was an early adopter of many of the apps I use & was grandfathered in. I also took advantage of the free apps Starbucks use to offer, which is how I got Dark Sky, NOAA Radar Pro, Living Earth, and a few others.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I think it's funny that so many people who answered ignored the requirement for the badge with temperature on the iOS app.

I have never used it myself, but it looks like eWeather HD can do this, and it gets good reviews..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ewe...st/id401533966?at=10l3Vy#?platform=appleWatch

With my Apple Watch, which this thread is focussed, I don't need to check my iPhone for the weather. Its right there in my wrist, always. So having the need for the badge with temperature on the iOS app will never be my requirement unless I stop wearing my Apple Watch :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have accuweather and Dark sky and I can't get either to show up as a complication on the Infograph face, not sure why. Carrot is one I have tried yet and would look at it. But why aren't the complications working on WOS 5.x when they did on WOS 4.x?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have accuweather and Dark sky and I can't get either to show up as a complication on the Infograph face, not sure why. Carrot is one I have tried yet and would look at it. But why aren't the complications working on WOS 5.x when they did on WOS 4.x?

Infograph faces require a different style of complication than the old watch faces did, and the developer needs to update the app with the new complication style. Some apps have updated, some still haven't. (Don't have an S4 so I don't know if the DarkSky app is updated with the new complication style yet.)

The complications should work on the non-Infograph faces.

radamo

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have used WeatherUnderground for years on my iPhone and took a look at the complications for it... They are ok... but nothing special. I bought Carrot but ONLY THEN realized I also need a subscription to get the complications???? I really don't see the need to pay a monthly or annual fee to get the weather... maybe its me.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I didn't realize as usual we need to wait for updates. Apple needs to tell devs earlier what they need to do so their apps are updated or release the tools so they can on launch day.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I didn't realize as usual we need to wait for updates. Apple needs to tell devs earlier what they need to do so their apps are updated or release the tools so they can on launch day.

I agree, but I think in this case that Apple did not want to leak the fact that there would be a new watch with an edge to edge display, and obviously wouldn't trust all third party developers to keep it under wraps. (Though it did leak, didn't it?)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Fortunately Dark Sky now supports the complication in the Infograph, unfortunately Acuweather doesn't yet but hopefully soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox