I'm looking for a weather app with a Watch complication.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm ordering an S4 sometime after Tuesday's Apple Event.

The Infograph watch face really calls to me. I'd like to put a weather complication on it. The only catch is that I want an app that also puts the temperature in a badge on the phone's home page.

I've done some searching and it seems the half-dozen apps I've found with a badge are no longer available, at least in the US store.

General weather app recommendations are fine, but I'd really like Watch compatibility and the temp badge.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You might want to look at Be Weather 2; it offers the badge you are looking for. I have to say that this isn’t my favorite weather app... it’s got great potential but has some issues.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I like Dark Sky

03d88b535df60feb3478c75bd355f27c.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Dark Sky and Carrot are good. Carrot I found tends to be more consistent than Dark Sky. By that I mean I run into more issues with the Dark Sky complication than I do Carrot.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Dark Sky and Carrot are good. Carrot I found tends to be more consistent than Dark Sky. By that I mean I run into more issues with the Dark Sky complication than I do Carrot.

I’m curious..what kind of issues are you seeing? I use Dark Sky as the complication on my watch and haven’t experienced any issues.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m curious..what kind of issues are you seeing? I use Dark Sky as the complication on my watch and haven’t experienced any issues.

It just don’t always like to load. It used to be worse before, but especially after a reset it takes a while to load the information on the complication. I believe Carrot reloads faster too, gives more current information.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It just don’t always like to load. It used to be worse before, but especially after a reset it takes a while to load the information on the complication. I believe Carrot reloads faster too, gives more current information.

Luckily, I haven’t run into that issue🤞🏾 it’s my fave & was free...2 things I love

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site

Carrot reloads faster if you fed monies to it , I mean subscription. :)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Carrot also has options to customize app icons, complications and widgets which makes it more compelling over other weather apps I have used.
I hear it’s a great app. It uses Dark Sky & Weather Underground for accurate weather. The snark & UI are what a lot of people love!!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've got Carrot and didn't see any setting for temperature in a badge. This may require Notifications which requires a subscription.

I have too many as it is, so no to Carrot and no more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods