Space black SS

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, finally I got a notice that it was shipped today! I am excited, my first time having a stainless steel version, I had the Space gray and the first year i had a Screen protector but took it off due to appearance, and for another year no scratches then finally I saw minor ones but did not bother me at all. Now that the Space black is a Sapphire Crystal glass do I really need a Screen Protector, I did purchase Applecare+ for it. Just wondering if any of you who have a SS version put a SP on.

Thanks for the replies and help!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Those micro scratches aren’t really scratches on the screen but more of that coating. Sapphire is stronger against scratches that would scratch the glass itself but I would imagine you might still have those micro scratches still ? Those don’t bother me at all

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had every series of Watch since they came out and none of them had a screen protector or case. They are all in pristine condition ??????

BTW congrats and enjoy your watch ??????

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
A screen protector on a phone is one thing, but on the watch it’s just a crime. Ugh. When I see people with them on their Apple Watch it’s hideous. I don’t purchase Apple Care for my phone because I trade in every year, but I definitely bought it for my watch. Plan to keep this watch for a while. Love it!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had my S3 black watch for a year with no issues with any scratches on the face, my sister is now using it and she loves it. I did order screen protectors this time, not sure why maybe just extra caution not sure.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys for your response. I can't wait for it!

Mine was ordered I’m late September, shipped from China, and arrive at my home last Thursday. So far, it’s not much different than my AW3, which I just sold on eBay (and took a beating on). I bought it for the ECG capability, and that remains vaporwear for the time being. The new modular face is cool, but you can’t put crucial things like messaging, outlook, or the phone on it. Don’t get me wrong — it’s a great watch, but I am waiting for apps that make better use of some of its capabilities.

Last edited:

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine was ordered I’m late September, shipped from China, and arrive at my home last Thursday. So far, it’s not much different than my AW3, which I just sold on eBay (and took a beating on). I bought it for the ECG capability, and that remains vaporwear for the time being. The new modular face is cool, but you can’t put crucial thinks like messaging, outlook, or the phone on it. Don’t get me wrong — it’s a great watch, but I am waiting for apps that make better use of some of its capabilities.

I has the Very first generation space gray so it was time for me to get a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2