I always go back to the sport band

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It’s always interesting to see what everyone likes and doesn’t like. It’s great that there are different materials and styles to choose from so you’re not stuck with one band you find uncomfortable or unattractive in order to get the watch you like.

I’m one of those who always goes back to the sport band though. I like how flat it is on my wrist and think it looks sleek with the watch.

I’ve had knock-off sport loops before with my S3 and didn’t like them very much, but I ordered my S4 with the sport loop and I like Apple’s own version a lot. Still like the regular sport a little better, but I want to get the Apple sport loop in Hibiscus. I think that will look fantastic with the space gray watch!

I ordered a cheap leather band from Amazon to see if I would like leather. The band is actually pretty nice and clicks in the slots well and has a nice finish. But with a regular style strap the end sticks out on one side after it’s buckled and that I don’t like. It has 2 movable loops so you can slide one down to hold the end of the strap flat, but it doesn’t stay in place all the time. I don’t think I’ll get another leather (Apple’s magnetic ones are just too expensive) in the future.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the Nike sport band and have always loved it. Wouldn’t even take my watch off at the beach/pool/water park. I was skeptical about getting the Nike reflective sport band and I freakin love it. Since I traded in my S2 with Apple I got to keep my Nike Sport band which I’ll still use at the beach/pool/water park

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Always been a huge fan of the sport band until I kept reading about the sport loop and now having tried it I really like it. As mentioned above you get more adjustment in fit since the connection is velcro vs predetermined holes. Super comfortable and easy to wash/dry if needed. I still keep the sport bands but really liking the loop.
Only drawback is it doesn't open 100% like the sport band so depending on the size of your hand may take a bit longer to put on.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I like the Nike Sport band because I can rinse it off every day after I work out and put it right back on. Seems like the sport loop would stay damp a while.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I swim some days on my lunch hour, so I keep the white sport band that came with the watch in my desk drawer. The sport bands just seem like the best ones for any workout. Just rinse them off after and they are good to go.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The more I wear this Apple sport loop, the more I like it. It’s SO much nicer than the 3rd party ones I had before. Now I want another for sure.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the nike or the Sport band didn't use either with my S2 and now S4, have had the nomad sport band for nearly 2 years now. Surf in it and hasn't worn or marked or anything. Wider than the apple which i like. Can't fault it.
Excellent.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...d.com%2Fproducts%2Fsport-strap&token=CLr650_o

I’ve seen that band at Best Buy. It reminds me of the stock band on the Samsung S3 Frontier. Looks like a sturdy replacement for the apple sport band.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It’s always interesting to see what everyone likes and doesn’t like. It’s great that there are different materials and styles to choose from so you’re not stuck with one band you find uncomfortable or unattractive in order to get the watch you like.

I’m one of those who always goes back to the sport band though. I like how flat it is on my wrist and think it looks sleek with the watch.

I’ve had knock-off sport loops before with my S3 and didn’t like them very much, but I ordered my S4 with the sport loop and I like Apple’s own version a lot. Still like the regular sport a little better, but I want to get the Apple sport loop in Hibiscus. I think that will look fantastic with the space gray watch!

I ordered a cheap leather band from Amazon to see if I would like leather. The band is actually pretty nice and clicks in the slots well and has a nice finish. But with a regular style strap the end sticks out on one side after it’s buckled and that I don’t like. It has 2 movable loops so you can slide one down to hold the end of the strap flat, but it doesn’t stay in place all the time. I don’t think I’ll get another leather (Apple’s magnetic ones are just too expensive) in the future.

I LOVE my hibsicuis sport loop!!! I want the nectarine next!

IMG_1010.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just received a lavender grey sport band as a gift. I’m not a huge fan, but I’ll wear it & alternate with my leather band. I’m still not use to the rubber feel on my wrist, but I also haven’t worn one for very long. Wish me luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received a lavender grey sport band as a gift. I’m not a huge fan, but I’ll wear it & alternate with my leather band. I’m still not use to the rubber feel on my wrist, but I also haven’t worn one for very long. Wish me luck

I'm sure if you give it time you'll find it to be very comfortable. But a lot of it might be in your head... sometimes that's harder to overcome (been there, done that)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure if you give it time you'll find it to be very comfortable. But a lot of it might be in your head... sometimes that's harder to overcome (been there, done that)

You’re probably right. I’m so use to wearing my dressy mechanical watches that it just feels weird wearing rubber on my wrist. I also still need to get use to how lightweight it is. I’ll probably go for the stainless next, although I love the way the space grey looks...Love the matte finish.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
After wearing the black sport loop band that came with my watch, I’m getting hooked on the sport loop. It’s really attractive and I like how it feels on my wrist. It’s making me not want to wear the regular sport band anymore, sigh...
I want the Hibiscus, but I ended up ordering the seashell for now to give me another neutral to wear with anything. Got it today and love it with the dark watch!
I’ll still get the Hibiscus a little later....it’s just too pretty! But the seashell is super nice.
4dbc2aff4b6cf986e9ee25c03cc34ac4.jpg
8904328db18760ec7a3510db49cae98c.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
After wearing the black sport loop band that came with my watch, I’m getting hooked on the sport loop. It’s really attractive and I like how it feels on my wrist. It’s making me not want to wear the regular sport band anymore, sigh...
I want the Hibiscus, but I ended up ordering the seashell for now to give me another neutral to wear with anything. Got it today and love it with the dark watch!
I’ll still get the Hibiscus a little later....it’s just too pretty! But the seashell is super nice. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181031/4dbc2aff4b6cf986e9ee25c03cc34ac4.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181031/8904328db18760ec7a3510db49cae98c.jpg

Oooh..I love the way this looks♥️. What is the closure like on it? This is my first AW, so I have no idea what all these bands are lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro