Evening all,

Those who have owned an Aluminium Apple Watch, would you say it is/isn’t hard to scratch?

Thus far, I have owned an AW2 & AW3, both Stainless Steel.
    With the latest prices, I am seriously considering the Aluminium edition.

Thanks
    09-28-2018 07:54 PM
    in 'my' experience, it's difficult to scratch. My original series Watch was the 42mm silver sport model and my current Watch is a space black 38mm model. I wear my Watch all day, every day and it has held up quite nicely. I run with it, and sweat all over it in the process and I clean it afterwards with liquid soap and water. There's not a crack, scrape, scratch, crack, ding, nip or nick on it....
    ivanwi11iams and nikkisharif like this.
    09-28-2018 08:05 PM
    For the aluminum casing on a 21 month old space grey S2 - I can't see a single scratch. However, the crystal has quite a few. Not enough to affect viewing the display, but they are there.
    09-28-2018 09:00 PM
    I haven’t seen an aluminum Apple Watch that was scratched in person.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-29-2018 11:35 PM
    The durability has exceeded my expectations.

My day job has periods of doing some repairs and assembled and reaching into IT equipment where it gets knocked on racks and switches or servers.

My personal time is mountain biking, trail building and outdoor sports. It’s (silver Series 2) taken many beatings and scraped where I was sure I’d see damage but did not.

There’s one little scratch on the glass I believe happened while snorkeling. Some waves in an “iron shore” area knocked me over. My skin was in worse shape but unlike that tiny spot on the watch, healed.

I can’t imagine buying anything but the cheaper AL models. These things are technology that will become obsolete and nothing that will be around like some 1920s - 1990s mechanical timepieces I own. My Apple Watch put all of those into storage.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-30-2018 07:56 AM
    My son still has the series 0, the original, aluminum Apple Watch. This was my watch that I bought at launch. I used it 90% of the time with no case and no screen protector and there are zero scratches on it. It's been hit/slapped/dropped and no damage.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-30-2018 08:40 AM
    My 15 month aluminum AW Series 2 has zero scratches on the casing and zero micro scratches on the screen even under light. I've been pretty careful but it has been accidentally banged on a few times and no scratches resulted. Never used a screen protector or case. I figured worse case scenario that's what AppleCare+ is for which I bought and haven't needed to use. Glad I saved some cash on the aluminum over the stainless steel as it has served me well.
    09-30-2018 09:59 PM
    From my experience, it’s quite difficult to scratch. I’ve never had a problem with the Aluminum’s durability.
    10-01-2018 03:03 AM
    I can’t imagine buying anything but the cheaper AL models. These things are technology that will become obsolete and nothing that will be around like some 1920s - 1990s mechanical timepieces I own. My Apple Watch put all of those into storage.
    Exactly...I agree. That’s why I wouldn’t even consider the more expensive stainless. If it wasn’t tech that will become obsolete in a few years I would feel differently. I have an Omega watch my husband bought me in 1993 and that’s the kind of watch you go all in for if you can. Never obsolete.
    Besides the aluminum looks great!
    10-03-2018 06:00 PM
    Evening all,

Those who have owned an Aluminium Apple Watch, would you say it is/isn’t hard to scratch?

Thus far, I have owned an AW2 & AW3, both Stainless Steel.
    With the latest prices, I am seriously considering the Aluminium edition.

Thanks
    Are your stainless watches scratched? I don’t have a watch yet but I’ll be buying one soon, and I’m on the fence about which one I want.
    10-03-2018 07:35 PM
    Are your stainless watches scratched? I don’t have a watch yet but I’ll be buying one soon, and I’m on the fence about which one I want.
    My AW3 SS SB never did! Last Friday/Saturday I purchased a AW4 Aluminium one. That extra $200 was a bit much.

Thus far, all is well. And plenty of others have stated that Aluminium is actually very good. Of course, one should still ‘be careful’.

I hope this helps, somewhat...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-03-2018 07:42 PM
    My AW3 SS SB never did! Last Friday/Saturday I purchased a AW4 Aluminium one. That extra $200 was a bit much.

Thus far, all is well. And plenty of others have stated that Aluminium is actually very good. Of course, one should still ‘be careful’.

I hope this helps, somewhat...
    Thanks for this!! It definitely helps a lot.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    10-03-2018 08:41 PM
    I had the s3 in space gray aluminum since launch day and wore it 24/7 right up until my s4 arrived. It is as pristine as it was on the day I unboxed it.
    ivanwi11iams and nikkisharif like this.
    10-04-2018 03:24 AM