sport band vs sport loop? help me decide

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That looks really nice.

Some people return it as they find it hard to clasp. I did too at first until I flipped the band opposite of how they show it and now it's easy. Never comes loose (double lock) and since it's all silicone, and poly for the lock, it never scratches.

Also since it's a bit overpriced for silicone (About $35-$40) not may people are using it.. so it's not something people see, and I like being a bit different. I just modded my car a little bit to make it a bit different from the rest.. just a small enough tweak to warrant a 2nd look.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I like the loop best. It is infinitely adjustable so you can be sure to get the fit just right (though it isn't as effortless as the sport band, a lot of times I find myself having to adjust it after I first put it on vs always putting using the third hole on the sport band). I also like that it doesn't make my wrist sweaty like the sport band. I was going to try a Nike style sport band with the holes to see if that was any better. I bought myself and my wife sport loop bands on Amazon, and while the amazon band is ever so slightly different (I think they use the same width for 38 and 42mm, so on the 42mm it is a little thinner than the Apple band), it works great and is 1/4 the price. I'm about to grab another 6 pack of bands now. I'm just thankful that they will all fit the series 4 when I do decide to update.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't like that the sports loop only comes in one size (unlike the sports bands). If you have small wrists, it's too big.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't like that the sports loop only comes in one size (unlike the sports bands). If you have small wrists, it's too big.

I was worried about that since I've lost a lot of weight over the last couple years and I have my large (the middle size) FitBit band on the 2nd to last notch already. So I went to a Best Buy where they had some AW3's on display with sport loops attached that you could try on and it was a perfect size.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

My wife has really small wrists (usually buy her child size bracelets, or the smallest that they have in adult sizes), but the sport loop fits her fine. She does have it wrapped about as tight as it will go, but it does fit. On Apple's site it lists the 38/40mm sport band as fitting 130-200mm, and the 38/40mm sport loop as fitting 130-190mm, (42/44mm is 140-210mm for sport band, and 145-220mm for sport loop), so either will fit to the smallest size, but probably best to try them for yourself in store if you are concerned.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
probably best to try them for yourself in store if you are concerned.

Good advice and that's probably what I'll do. I'm guessing it will fit about the same as the milanese loop which wraps all the way around and attaches just about at the case. I don't if having it looped all the way around will be comfortable or a good look.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2