ECG software?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone hear a time frame on the update to make this function on the new watch? Kinda stupid to release a device without full functionality but you know how Apple is. Personally I don’t have AFib or any other issue but really keep track of what my heart is doing. Rheumatoid Arthritis is nasty. I use a small 2 plated device already and this will make it so much easier to monitor on the fly. For all those that think it’s not worth it trust me, the slightest change can be seen on a single probe. Mother passed in 2009 from a massive heart attack from RA(heart couldn’t take it and exploded as the doctor said). My 24yo daughter passed in July from Lupus(no signal to the heart, just stopped beating). All of which the neurologist said yes a single lead probe could have very well seen that heart signal malfunction and been a game changer in both cases.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone hear a time frame on the update to make this function on the new watch? Kinda stupid to release a device without full functionality but you know how Apple is. Personally I don’t have AFib or any other issue but really keep track of what my heart is doing. Rheumatoid Arthritis is nasty. I use a small 2 plated device already and this will make it so much easier to monitor on the fly. For all those that think it’s not worth it trust me, the slightest change can be seen on a single probe. Mother passed in 2009 from a massive heart attack from RA(heart couldn’t take it and exploded as the doctor said). My 24yo daughter passed in July from Lupus(no signal to the heart, just stopped beating). All of which the neurologist said yes a single lead probe could have very well seen that heart signal malfunction and been a game changer in both cases.

Sometimes the release of hardware and the necessary licenses and permissions to use those don’t come at the same time.
Apple is dependent on the FDA for this. It’s not something to take lightly, therefor both Apple and FDA are taking their sweet time to allow people to use the ECG reader.
It’s best to be patient and follow the news here on when the ECG reader will be made available.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone hear a time frame on the update to make this function on the new watch?

Apple specifically say "later this year" and that is only in the US. They have no promised timeframe for any other location.

(By the way, the regular heart rate app will also be looking for A-Fib abnormal rhythms and give warnings; that functionality is also coming "later this year".)

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed that the feature isn't included yet, but I'd rather wait to have all the kinks ironed out instead of getting something half-baked today.