Gold Discussion

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been asking this everywhere, and I hope I can get an answer before 12:01 tonight! I very surprised Apple calls the aluminum gold watch "gold" when it is really rose gold- it ships with a pink band. I guess this change happened in S3. I am trying to figure out if the Stainless Gold finish is more of a traditional yellow gold. The pictures appear more yellow but I would to have the opinion of someone who has seen it in real life.

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
According to iJustine who was at the event today and was able to get “hands-on” the gold is like the rose gold jewelry in the stainless version if that helps at all. Its too expensive for me so I’m sticking with gold alum. Trading in my gold alum S3. Our pre-order here starts at 3:01 so I need to try to take a nap since I’ll be up at 3 then up again for good at 5. Going to be a long day at work tomorrow but at least its Friday. Good luck with your decision. I’ve noticed with my gold alum, it makes a big difference as to which band you wear with it if it looks more gold or rose gold and sometimes it looks like a real pretty copper.

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that was helpful! I also found a page at Apple https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/#mn_p (pan down to finishes) where I was able to toggle between the Aluminum gold and stainless gold. The aluminum is way more pink. While the stainless has some rose, it's definitely more golden and I like the color. I'm going with my gut and getting the gold SS at 12:01. Good luck!

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, that was helpful! I also found a page at Apple https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/#mn_p (pan down to finishes) where I was able to toggle between the Aluminum gold and stainless gold. The aluminum is way more pink. While the stainless has some rose, it's definitely more golden and I like the color. I'm going with my gut and getting the gold SS at 12:01. Good luck!

I see what you mean on the Apple page. I prefer the pinker tone so now I don’t feel so bad that I can’t afford the SS version. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2