Apple Watch Series 4 Design

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Are the new watch faces available only on the series 4? If they are going to come to the 3 then Im not so sure Ill be upgrading.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love the redesigned modular face and the other new face they announced. I actually like that the watch has more screen.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What design features do you like or dislike about the Series 4?

Like? The better heart health features, haptic crown is nice, the new watch faces are nice (though I'd never use that many complications.)

Dislike? I'm going to call it a design feature - the price. Steep upgrade in price this year. $529 for the bigger one with cellular in aluminum?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I especially like smaller bezels coupled with thinner and faster. The new faces are interesting, but I'll probably stick with activity digital.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Are the new watch faces available only on the series 4? If they are going to come to the 3 then Im not so sure Ill be upgrading.

I’m not sure. That would be nice for the folks that have a Series 3.

I love the redesigned modular face and the other new face they announced. I actually like that the watch has more screen.

I love the larger screen. This was definitely a selling point for me.

Like? The better heart health features, haptic crown is nice, the new watch faces are nice (though I'd never use that many complications.)

Dislike? I'm going to call it a design feature - the price. Steep upgrade in price this year. $529 for the bigger one with cellular in aluminum?

How much higher is the price?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I really wish Apple would sell the watches without a band. As it happens, I don't have a milanese band and don't mind that the AW4 SS includes it. BUT, if I already owned a milanese band, that would make the watch $150 more expensive than necessary.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really wish Apple would sell the watches without a band. As it happens, I don't have a milanese band and don't mind that the AW4 SS includes it. BUT, if I already owned a milanese band, that would make the watch $150 more expensive than necessary.

You don't have to get the SS with milanese, you can get it with a sport band.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Yes most of the new watch faces are available on the s3 running watchOS 5. Fire, Vapor, Breathe and Liquid Metal are all available now.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes most of the new watch faces are available on the s3 running watchOS 5. Fire, Vapor, Breathe and Liquid Metal are all available now.

Sorry, I meant the new complications. This one specifically.
9729ce640a3f4cc076af287aa238ab56.jpg

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
You don't have to get the SS with milanese, you can get it with a sport band.

With any sport band? If so, then it's good there is a choice, but I still wish you could buy them sans bands. There are very few sport band colors that I don't have.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
With any sport band? If so, then it's good there is a choice, but I still wish you could buy them sans bands. There are very few sport band colors that I don't have.

Not sure, they're all shown in the Apple store site though, depending on the color you buy.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
For me a bigger screen is a major selling point. I'm sure to buy a 44 model black, with sports band. Didn't like the up on prices, though. Really seeing the day when I will have to jump out the Apple ship because of its prices...