Who’s getting the New Apple Watch?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
This thread reminds me, isn't it time for one of those great Apple Watch waiting room posts by James Falconer? :confused:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning on buying one as my first Watch. I really want the new design for the ECG feature among other things. I just need to convince myself that I'm ok with the basic aluminum GPS model. I really wanted the SS for the materials (don't care about or even want the LTE part) but $300 extra for that is tough and my wife really doesn't like that price either :(

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I’m pre-ordering the Gold Aluminum 40mm LTE in the morning at whatever time I can force myself to get up. Starts at 3:01 here. I’ll be trading in my Gold Alum S3 LTE for $225. Thinking that’s a good deal. I hate to sell stuff myself - I’m just not good at it. Unfortunately I had not planned on getting this version and just replaced a lost pink sand loop about 3 months ago. I could have saved $50 had I waited. Oh well, I guess I’ll order the pink sand silicone band with this one. Was not prepared for all the great upgrades they did to it just a year after upgrading to LTE so was planning on sitting this year out. So instead, I’m sitting out upgrading my phone this year and getting the watch. Would love to get the SS Gold but too much difference in cost. I’m happy with the look of the gold aluminum anyway. Anybody pre-ordering tonight/morning?

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I’m pre-ordering the Gold Aluminum 40mm LTE in the morning at whatever time I can force myself to get up. Starts at 3:01 here. I’ll be trading in my Gold Alum S3 LTE for $225. Thinking that’s a good deal. I hate to sell stuff myself - I’m just not good at it. Unfortunately I had not planned on getting this version and just replaced a lost pink sand loop about 3 months ago. I could have saved $50 had I waited. Oh well, I guess I’ll order the pink sand silicone band with this one. Was not prepared for all the great upgrades they did to it just a year after upgrading to LTE so was planning on sitting this year out. So instead, I’m sitting out upgrading my phone this year and getting the watch. Would love to get the SS Gold but too much difference in cost. I’m happy with the look of the gold aluminum anyway. Anybody pre-ordering tonight/morning?

I preordered the SS series 4 gold today for pickup at the Apple Store Sept 21st.....hope I like the color!

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I placed my order this morning through Apple, purchased the Nike 44mm Space Gray Cellular to replace my AW3. I'm also getting $225 refund for turning in the AW3.

Crazy thing, AT&T wanted over $800 for the 44mm (they don't have the Nike yet). I asked why & AT&T said that's their pricing :sarcastic:

Just as the title says...who’s getting one?

I think I’ll actually get off the fence and get one. I’ve held off way too long.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The Apple Trade In FAQ addresses that:

Do I have to include accessories like chargers, cables, etc?
In some cases, your final trade-in value can vary depending on if you send in your power adapter or not. You don’t have to, but you can always send in your chargers and cables, and we will recycle them for you.

When you do the trade in program what all do you have to turn in? Band? Charger?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The Apple Trade In FAQ addresses that:

Do I have to include accessories like chargers, cables, etc?
In some cases, your final trade-in value can vary depending on if you send in your power adapter or not. You don’t have to, but you can always send in your chargers and cables, and we will recycle them for you.

I saw that, but it's not really answering the question. No where in the process that I have found does it say "To receive the quoted value you must return XYZ." I guess they just want you to turn in everything, but in the case above you might not have to turn in the band and that would save you some $$ on your next purchase.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've traded in phones & it was always just the phone. I always got $$ what was quoted.

I don't think you'll ever see it worded as you put it....

I saw that, but it's not really answering the question. No where in the process that I have found does it say "To receive the quoted value you must return XYZ." I guess they just want you to turn in everything, but in the case above you might not have to turn in the band and that would save you some $$ on your next purchase.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered my 44mm space black SS with milanese loop at 209am CST. The confirmation email says delivery will be Sept. 21.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I want a Gold Stainless and a Space Gray Nike. But I'm in a quandary. The Space Gray Nike would be my daily driver so it would have LTE. The Gold Stainless would be for semi- and formal wear and wouldn't need LTE. But GPS-only isn't an option with that watch.

I'm not going to pay the monthly fee for LTE for two Watches. So I don't want to pay another $100 for a feature I won't use.

Decisions...

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I just ordered a 44 silver aluminum watch with a white sport band even though I’ll be changing the band once I get it. It was available for pick up on launch day at my local Best Buy! Apple website has shipping dates from oct 15-24. If you want one now try Best Buy!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I like my S3. I am quite small. 38mm and the software update is fine

My wife wants to keep her 38mm for that reason as well. She thinks that even 2mm larger will be too much. Looking at the dimensions it is only 2mm bigger in height, width it is less than 1mm larger.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
2 mm on a wristwatch is not a trial amount, though.

It's 1/16th of an inch. There's a definite size difference between the 38 & 42 when you look at them but the 4mm is "only" 1/8th of an inch. The series 4 also loses 1mm in height so it's 1/16 inch taller for each model, and 1/32 of an inch shorter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711