Apple Watch Series 4

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Relatively reliable rumors say that the Apple Watch Series 4 to be announced next Wednesday will have an expanded screen and significantly expanded screen resolution. How will you plan to use this additional screen?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Relatively reliable rumors say that the Apple Watch Series 4 to be announced next Wednesday will have an expanded screen and significantly expanded screen resolution. How will you plan to use this additional screen?

It’ll have to wow the heck out me in order for me to give up my Series 3....

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Not for me. I’ve decided to adopt a longer use cycle for my devices. The time that they felt significantly slower than their newer counterparts is long gone.
I’m gonna hold on to my iPhone 7 Plus and Watch series 3 for one more year.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've held off on the Apple Watch never like the square look, but I'm considering on getting the series 4. After much reading about AW and taking with people who ware them I'm sure it will compliment my iPhone. Might pass on iPhone this year seeing there's not much change from current X for me.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Like others, I’m staying with my S2 until it’s no longer getting watchOS updates or it breaks after AppleCare is up (in January for me.) We’ll see what the new display brings, but the leaked watchface photo doesn’t really excite me, and presuming there is something better, I still don’t think it’s enough to get me to spend $350+ when the S2 still works just fine.

AJ19920

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
I’ve only just upgraded from my Original Watch so I don’t think I will be upgrading to the Series 4 anytime soon. Only reason I upgraded was due to accidentally smashing the screen on my original watch

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ditto.

More complications on a single watch face would be great. I’m not sure if I’m going to upgrade though.
Exactly.

The wife and I have had our S3's since May (upgrading from original watch) so I don't know if we'll get the S4. More complications on a single face would be nice but I can't see upgrading for that feature.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the nine complication face will be available for any watch that can run Apple Watch OS 5?

Hopefully that’s true. I would think that it could work on the existing models since the size of the Series 4 38 mm shouldn’t be that different from the current 42 mm. That being said, however, the screen resolution could make a difference.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Apart from a larger, but not significantly larger, display with upgraded internals is what I believe will be Series 4. Not a big change really for Series 3 to 4. So, I am waiting to hear what else is new and then decide if I need the 4. Love my Series 3 and have never felt it running slow or that it needs an upgrade.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

No plans on how I will use the additional screen because I have no plans on purchasing an Apple Watch at all. I tried one for a couple of weeks during the Series 2 era and it added nothing of significance to my life. It was useless for me.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Waiting to see what upgrades really turn out to be. It would really have to have such an upgrade in internals and outer casing for me to sell my series 3 LTE Watch

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As any of you already know, I came late to this party. I’ve had my Series 3 for 5 months. I will not be upgrading at this time. I am still learning new features that please me to no end!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'll upgrade from series 3. AW is simply my most used gadget these days, even more than iPhone, which I leave on desk most of the day. AW do almost all service in receiving and replying messages, appointments and so on. Really liked new watchface (assuming it is true) and a larger screen will be a welcome feature, again if it's true.

This year I won't upgrade my iPhone X, and maybe will have to upgrade my 1st gen iPad Pro, since mine isn't working as well as it was normal. But, in iPad's case I will have to see how the new ones will work.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I might consider Series 4 even though I’m currently on the Series 3 LTE which was bought only over 6 months back.

The larger screen (without increasing physical watch size) with rounded screen edges makes more sense to me than the current angular one. Yes even though I’d love to have more complications on a watch face, but I’m not sure if having as many as 9 complications would be too congested and busy.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Tim Cook in a letter to the administration stated that the trade sanctions on China would force increases in the prices of Apple products including the Watch. If there is a price increase of say 10%, will this affect your decision on whether or not to buy?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Tim Cook in a letter to the administration stated that the trade sanctions on China would force increases in the prices of Apple products including the Watch. If there is a price increase of say 10%, will this affect your decision on whether or not to buy?

It seems like the AW prices have increased about 10% every year so far?

S0 alum starting at $349
S2 alum starting at $369
S3 cellular starting at $399 (I guess the GPS model was $329, but that missed out on extra storage, for example.)

iPhone prices have also been creeping up. iPhone 7 started at $649, iPhone 8 started at $699.

So, my guess is that a price increase of 10% would effect sales a little, but not that all much. I think most watch and iPhone buyers already aren’t price sensitive - they’re not buying these devices because they are the best price out there, but because they want them as long as the price is reasonable, and I’m thinking a 10% difference is too small to matter to most people.

(That said, how much would the tariff be? How much would Apple absorb, since their margins are already the highest in the market?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2