Apple Watch Series 4

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Just watched the Apple iPhone and Watch event, and I'm in for an S4.

40 and 44mm and larger screen. S3 is still on the site. Way, way too many features to lists, but I think a Gold Stainless is in my future. The Aluminum Watch is still available with LTE.

And I'll need a matching phone. This is going to be expensive.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am pre ordering the space gray stainless steel to go with my XS Max same color I have been waiting to upgrade the watch since the series two came out which is what I have. I have been holding out for some real health benefits and that ECG and other fitness just made my wallet open up. Awesome how apple is really killing it design wise and functionality wise wooooooooooo can't wait till it arrives.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Just watched the Apple iPhone and Watch event, and I'm in for an S4.

40 and 44mm and larger screen. S3 is still on the site. Way, way too many features to lists, but I think a Gold Stainless is in my future. The Aluminum Watch is still available with LTE.

And I'll need a matching phone. This is going to be expensive.

This is my thinking too and I'm trying to prepare myself for the sticker shock of a new phone plus a new watch.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
They said the sizes are 40 and 44. Is that just with the bigger edge to edge screen, or is the body actually bigger too?

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
The GPS version works with everything from the 5s to the new XS and XR series, while the cellular version works with everything iPhone 6 and newer.

So, yes.

One thing had me confused, and forgive if this sounds stupid. Reading the fine print off to the side it says, something on the order of "compatible with iphone 5 (something) and above with IOS 12. 12 ? My phone is on 11.4.1 and is "up to date". What am I missing? I tried to go back to copy/paste this but the store is being updated :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
One thing had me confused, and forgive if this sounds stupid. Reading the fine print off to the side it says, something on the order of "compatible with iphone 5 (something) and above with IOS 12. 12 ? My phone is on 11.4.1 and is "up to date". What am I missing? I tried to go back to copy/paste this but the store is being updated :)

iOS 12 is coming out next Monday Sept 17. You will have to update your phone to iOS 12 in order to pair with a Series 4 watch, which will come with watchOS 5, but the iPhone 8+ will get the iOS 12 update anytime on Monday or later, whenever you install it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Rumors suggest pre-orders are very strong, with delivery dates well into October unless you ordered day one.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
:D I ordered day one and my anticipated delivery is mid October. Maybe I was a bit late on day one....Or in the wrong spot on the planet.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly Best Buy does not carry the Hermes edition, so I have to stick with my pre-order shipping end of next week. Unless by the off chance I can get one in my local Apple Store and cancel my pre-order.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Just got a shipping notice !!!! I'll have it on Thursday, September 27. Can't wait.
When I ordered, the anticipated shipping was the middle of October.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR