C'mon, Apple! It's time to catch up to Samsung!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You digress. You asked and I answered. I told you how the Watch is superior to any other smart watch out there, which should be reason enough to accept that other watches don’t do the same stuff that an Watch is capable of.

I passionately don’t like Android and Samsung devices in general.

I never said it wasn’t superior because at the end of the day I got myself a series 4 Apple Watch myself. I’m just stating factually there is other products that has round faces that do the same basic functions as an Apple Watch. Preference isn’t taken into consideration.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I never said it wasn’t superior because at the end of the day I got myself a series 4 Apple Watch myself. I’m just stating factually there is other products that has round faces that do the same basic functions as an Apple Watch. Preference isn’t taken into consideration.

Of course , every smart phone, I mean, even every appliance in this world, offer same features and can do same things. However, some are indeed superior, get rave reviews, win accolades and awards. So that plays a key part while choosing a product.

With respect to Samsung and Apple Watch, there is no point in comparing the two. The use cases are completely different though the features may be, not fully, be comparable with each other.

You cannot ignore the fact that Apple Watch is completely designed and built with iOS and Apple features in mind than trying to be cross platform like the Samsung Watch or Fitbit or Wear OS. So, in essence, the only smart watch that will give you great support with the platform and ecosystem for the iPhone will be the Apple Watch and hence many folks here, in iMore, are happy to say Apple Watch is superior than other smart watches for the iPhone.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Of course , every smart phone, I mean, even every appliance in this world, offer same features and can do same things. However, some are indeed superior, get rave reviews, win accolades and awards. So that plays a key part while choosing a product.

With respect to Samsung and Apple Watch, there is no point in comparing the two. The use cases are completely different though the features may be, not fully, be comparable with each other.

You cannot ignore the fact that Apple Watch is completely designed and built with iOS and Apple features in mind than trying to be cross platform like the Samsung Watch or Fitbit or Wear OS. So, in essence, the only smart watch that will give you great support with the platform and ecosystem for the iPhone will be the Apple Watch and hence many folks here, in iMore, are happy to say Apple Watch is superior than other smart watches for the iPhone.

As I keep saying subjectively speaking with just looking at features they all pretty much do the same thing. Execution and preference is ignored here. The Samsung galaxy watch works great if you have a Samsung phone, good on any android phone and basic on an iPhone. My point is the fact you can have a rounded face and be doing the same basic functions as the square Apple Watch. There is no objective opinions in this statement. If we want to talk with an opinion I like the Apple Watch the most and the only one that I use. I have a fossil google watch which I’m giving to a friend because at the end of the day it does the same as my Apple Watch minus the fitness stuff and along with the fact I can do messages and take calls on my Apple Watch which is why I bought it. Did everything else I needed when I had an Android phone when I bought it. I was quite sad actually I had to return a series 2 I bought to replace my lost one ( within 14 days so it was easy ) and got a note 8 instead soon after

Here is a video hitting some points I am trying to say.

https://youtu.be/_GpXYRcBZYc

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a drawer full of pretty and elegant watches. I have my great-great aunts watch that is a locket that I can wear around my neck. If I want something elegant, I wear one of those. I love the Apple Watch, and am content to use it most of the time. I do have several bands that can dress it up when I want to!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes but my Nike plus series 4 would look weird if I went somewhere where I needed to dress up

You expect a watch branded with Nike to be focused on fashion?

This is the reason I bought Stainless Steel this year to go with my attire. And with bands you can wear it as a watch for some important occasions to match with your attire.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You expect a watch branded with Nike to be focused on fashion?

This is the reason I bought Stainless Steel this year to go with my attire. And with bands you can wear it as a watch for some important occasions to match with your attire.

I opted for the Nike because I want it to be lighter and didn’t want to spend the money on a ss. Didn’t need cellular as well

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I opted for the Nike because I want it to be lighter and didn’t want to spend the money on a ss. Didn’t need cellular as well

Then yea, you shouldn’t consider that as something you would wear to occasions as you mentioned before as the aluminum and sports build wouldn’t fit accordingly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox