Will Apple introduce the Apple Watch Series 4 this Fall?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not sure why so many would assume that if Apple made a round Watch, it would replace the rectangular Watch.

I'd bet that Apple would add a round Watch and not replace the current style, if they were to go round at all.

Apple competes in both style and substance, to varying degrees of success, depending who you talk to. Just as they make the MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro, they could make a rectangular and round Watch. The round version would make some sacrifices compared to the original version, but hey... A lot of people willingly sacrifice some degree of function over form. It's a choice. I'm all about choice.

MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro are all about power differences and not about design though. I really doubt they'd do a Apple Watch Air kinda thing that would be round with less power. The 38 is like the iPhone. The 42 is like the Plus series. The Apple Watch is going like iPhones. Last gen cheaper. Then a 38 and 42. Mostly the same other than screen size.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
not about design though

Not exactly true, and not really relevant.

They are about choice and compromise. They are designed with different compromises base on need or wants. Choice.

Apple has almost always compromised function for form. As the Watches are designed to be jewelry as much as if not more than a functional tool, if Apple does a round Watch, which I think is a good possibility, they would have no problem making it a Watch-lite.

The only real sacrifice/compromise a round Watch would have to make is likely just the amount of text that would be displayed, and possibly battery life.

Again, it's the either/or mentality that baffles me. Apple could easily do a round Watch that would do well.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes the Watch s4 will come out in the fall. And I am ready to upgrade since I have a bad case of LGD (latest and greatest disease)

MatttMN

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Do we know how likely a new watch is this Fall? My daughter wants one for her birthday, and I'd likely buy a 38mm Series 3 without LTE in the next two weeks. Looks like they are about $320 new, $250 used. Would that be foolish?

Should I wait until September for a series 4? Wondering what we might know about availability, pricing, battery improvements. If they are going to be larger, that's not great for a female anyway.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm betting there will be a version 4 in a few months and I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade.

Do we know how likely a new watch is this Fall? My daughter wants one for her birthday, and I'd likely buy a 38mm Series 3 without LTE in the next two weeks. Looks like they are about $320 new, $250 used. Would that be foolish?

Should I wait until September for a series 4? Wondering what we might know about availability, pricing, battery improvements. If they are going to be larger, that's not great for a female anyway.

This article has a pretty good summary of the leaks/speculation:
Apple Watch 4 release date, price, news and leaks

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There will absolutely be a new watch of some sort this fall. You can read rumors for what it might or might not be, but there is no question that Apple will release at least one new watch.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m ready for a new one. I’m still rocking Series 0 and it’s for sure starting to feel like it’s had better days. Not that i don’t love it still, it’s just lasted a lot longer then i initially thought and I’m ready for a new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2