Will Apple introduce the Apple Watch Series 4 this Fall?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anything’s possible, but I highly doubt I’ll be getting one. I kept my original series Watch for a few years before finally upgrading to my current Series 3. I’m sure I’ll keep this one for years, too.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
It seems the developer beta iOS 12 beta 2 has some Apple Watch identifiers Watch4,1, Watch4,2, Watch4,3, and Watch4,4.

There were also many new model numbers, among them MTUD2, MTUK2, MTX92, and NEWROUNDWATCHES.

Ok, the last was just my wishful thinking. But it could happen...!

Anyway, more info at https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/19/ios-12-beta-2-new-apple-watch-model-references/ .

I don’t care one way or the other! LOL I just bought the series 3 last fall and will keep it for at least another year or two.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Unless the series 4 really awes me, I’ll be holding on to my series 3 for now. But then again, I’ll have to see the series 4 announcement first.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Series 2 for me, and I'm keeping it until it breaks when AppleCare is done (Jan 2019) or after three years has gone by, so January 2020. Even then I'll probably hold on to the S2 if it's still working fine through fall 2020.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Having just gotten my series 3 a couple of months ago, I know I won't be getting a new one for quite a while. That doesn't mean I won't be watching with great interest! :D

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Series 2 for me, and I'm keeping it until it breaks when AppleCare is done (Jan 2019) or after three years has gone by, so January 2020. Even then I'll probably hold on to the S2 if it's still working fine through fall 2020.

My S2 has felt slow recently. I’ve gotta figure out if I need to restore it or something by OS4 has felt heavy on the watch.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I held on to my series 0 ss watch until this year when I upgraded to my series 3. Now I don’t even know what to do with my series 0 it’s just sitting there.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same Apple Watch SS, and I still wear it on occasion, when I feel I just want a watch and some notifications.

It's a nice looking watch, especially with the Apple leather band.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'll consider it depending on what the Series 4 has to offer but I'm still loving my Series 2 in the meantime.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'll consider it depending on what the Series 4 has to offer but I'm still loving my Series 2 in the meantime.

I've been wanting a S3 for the longest time, so I feel pretty obligated to get an S4, pretty much regardless of what it is.

The real disappointing thing is I'll have to forego LTE in any subsequent Watch, since the carriers want a monthly tribute for every LTE Watch you want to use.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If the 4 is as large as some of the images I've seen, then I'm passing. 42mm is large enough, especially in a case.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I must have the new iPhone every fall. But the watch? No. I’m still on the series 2. The only thing I use the watch for is step tracking and notifications. Nothing else. Will I get a series 4? Only if it’s a redesign or some major change.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I’ll get the Series4 even though I just got the 3 last fall. I am most interested in the improved health applications - added blood pressure monitoring and better heart monitoring. I’m on beta blockers now for a heart condition so that matters to me. Also, it’s supposed to be solid state instead of mechanical buttons and I like the sound of that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have no plans to upgrade to a 4 this year. I've been completely happy with my Series 3. I bought the stainless steel this time around so I feel like I need to use it for at least 2 years to get my money out of it.

If the 4 is as large as some of the images I've seen, then I'm passing. 42mm is large enough, especially in a case.

Everything I've seen show it the same size, but with a bigger screen due to having smaller bezels.

NEWROUNDWATCHES.

I hope not! I like the square design. Well, if they keep the square along with a round I'd be ok with that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have no plans to upgrade to a 4 this year. I've been completely happy with my Series 3. I bought the stainless steel this time around so I feel like I need to use it for at least 2 years to get my money out of it.

Everything I've seen show it the same size, but with a bigger screen due to having smaller bezels.

NEWROUNDWATCHES.

I hope not! I like the square design. Well, if they keep the square along with a round I'd be ok with that.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure why so many would assume that if Apple made a round Watch, it would replace the rectangular Watch.

I'd bet that Apple would add a round Watch and not replace the current style, if they were to go round at all.

Apple competes in both style and substance, to varying degrees of success, depending who you talk to. Just as they make the MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro, they could make a rectangular and round Watch. The round version would make some sacrifices compared to the original version, but hey... A lot of people willingly sacrifice some degree of function over form. It's a choice. I'm all about choice.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods