Browsing music on iPhone with watch

punterab80

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi , with the new watch OS they brought back the feature where you can control and browse the music on your iPhone. I think there is something important that's missing . How do you see what songs are on an album???? I would really like to be able to do this again.
Any opinions as to how to do this , or why they would leave this important function out????

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just checked. My explanation for the lack of this feature is that the watch is an extension of the iPhone.
The album section in the music app on the Watch is not to browse songs from an album, but rather play the album itself, which you then can skip through until you find the song you’re looking for.
I must say, I never start playback from my watch, so I don’t miss that you can’t view the songs from he album view.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
All I want from the watch is to either to start playing what was last playing on my iPhone or to start a particular playlist. Anything else I'm fine with having to start from the phone. Losing the ability to do the former with 4.0-4.2 was kind of a pain for me; I am literally never going to connect BT headphones to my watch. I am glad that Apple brought this back.

punterab80

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just checked. My explanation for the lack of this feature is that the watch is an extension of the iPhone.
The album section in the music app on the Watch is not to browse songs from an album, but rather play the album itself, which you then can skip through until you find the song you’re looking for.
I must say, I never start playback from my watch, so I don’t miss that you can’t view the songs from he album view.

I really miss being able to just pick a song off an album using the watch. You once could do this. Now you can just play the album from the beginning. And skip through. It doesn't show what the songs are on an album. Oh well. Maybe they will bring that back too, sometime.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen