Battery Life - Original Apple Watch

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I have the original Apple Watch, before it was Series 0, and have noticed that the battery is conking out after about 11 hours.

Is that normal? Am I over-using it?

Nothing has changed in my use, and I have always charged it overnight.

In fact, last night, it went from 27% to 10% in less than 1.5 hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to improve battery life? Or is it time to upgrade?

Thank you!

Craig

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
If you've been using it since it was launched, the battery might have deteriorated. I have the original AW too and battery life is also not as good as before.

I also have a Series 2 and recently bought a Series 3 LTE and hence, I've officially retired my original AW.

I suppose it's time for you to upgrade too.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I guess it depends, I still use mine the same way I've been using it. Granted this is the second one is purchased a few months after the pre-order one I had. But I still get a good amount of use. My watch has been off the charger today since 7:30 am it's now 10:50am and I've barely lost 1%.

Have to take in consideration of what I have installed and my settings though.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I believe I got it the January after launch. More than 2 years later, I thought the battery would last longer.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I just upgraded to the series 3 LTE but our original aw's went to a couple youth at our church. At the time we upgraded, we were getting about 12-14 hours on a charge before having to place on the charger. We got them at launch and they were used daily so it may be time to upgrade.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
@Lee_Bo How long do the new ones last?

Well, I took it off charger at 7am this morning and have about 3 hours of driving with Apple Maps directions chiming my watch at all upcoming turns, as well as a few hundred text messages and some emails and phone calls. I'm also set up running Heart Study so the watch is constantly monitoring my heartbeat......and the battery is at 87%.

IMG_3981.png

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The Eagle squawked and my Federal return is getting me a Nike S3C. I'll probably only have one because it just chaps my hide to pay for more than one Watch data plan.

OTOH, I should be able to use one without a data plan for 9-1-1 calls, so maybe two.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2